Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Saturday Poem of the Week-46 ~Dheepikaa Balasubramanian


Hello and welcome to Poem of the Week!

Our theme for week 46 was a heavy heartbreaking one about love and it’s not being there. It was a very tough theme, but everyone broke open their wounds and hopefully started to heal a little.
I delight in reading each and every poem submitted each week from so many talented people. It is always a very difficult choice to pick the poem that I feel best fits the theme because I love them all.
     
 According to Poetry.org a "Great poem generally captures images vividly and in an original, refreshing way, while weaving together an intricate combination of elements like theme tension, complex emotion, and profound reflective thought.” All the poems this week easily fit into this category. But one stood out for me pretty quick, as a Great Poem for our theme. The poet? Well it is one Dheepikaa Balasubramanian who has been blogging for years on her site http://minusmultipliesplusdivides.blogspot.com. Where you can find many great posts from her.

I also want to let everyone know that it is her birthday this month, so stop by her blog, read her stuff and wish her a very happy birthday. Now go ahead and grab a tissue as I introduce her heart wrenching poem Called;

My Words Are Bleeding.

My words are bleeding

scribbled by deep when her mobile phone showed 11:00 AM
When I sit down to type a poem
for the good things that have been,
I am at loss for endearing words,
for it is too fresh, your leaving.
My words are bleeding with your memories 
and I am not able to stop them;
my fingers spill pain
for they remember the days
when they wrote of you fondly;
my brown eyes are thirsty
to see yours,
for they ran out of tears overnight;
my arms feel a hunger
that is not quenchable by ice creams and cookies.
We might have said goodbye so swiftly-
my arms and my eyes and my words and my fingers
aren't ready yet,
why don't you come back for them,
if not for me?



I want to thank everyone for being a part of this Great community, every single poet here inspires and helps each of us become More.

 Coming up this Sunday here at Jingle Poetry, we shall be delving into the past with the potluck theme
 “History and Stories, This should be a fun and challenging theme for potluck week 47.
Has history changed you? Influenced you in anyway? How do you feel about our history, there are so many variables that you can write about under this theme, and we at Jingle cannot wait to read each and every one. Remember you do not have to post under the theme, you can submit up to 3 poems on whatever your heart desires.

Posting will start  Sunday at 8pm (CDT), and the link to post will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT), that is a full 72 hours to come and share your wonderful poetry with us...


 I am Luna from Luna’s World and if you want to know more about me or my poetry, you can find me lunawitch15 hanging out at http://lunawitch15.wordpress.com/ or catching up on all of your great poems!  It is an honor for me to be able to do Poem of the week and I thank everyone for your continued enjoyment of this wonderful community. So until next time, we at Jingle Poetry encourage you to “ write on,” and we hope to see you soon.
Luna


2 comments:

Poetry Potluck said...

apt choice, luna.

Happy Birthday, Deep.

deep said...

Oh my. I am so touched for this.

Luna and everyone in Jingle Poetry! Thanks so much. Thanks for the birthday wishes as well. I can not believe this feature happened. It is truly a blessing to be a part of this community!