Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Review Tuesdays - Poetry & Ice Cream

This weeks blog I have only discovered lately and I have been browsing and reading up on this blog. I have found the name of this blog very unique. I dont think I have ever been introduced to a name such as this, but before I introduce this weeks author blog. Here is a quote I have found on the blog I thought it expresses this poetess very well.

“Poetry is the journal of the sea animal living on land, wanting to fly in the air.  Poetry is a search for syllables to shoot at the barriers of the unknown and the unknowable.  Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.”
— Carl Sandburg (Poetry Considered)

Now for the introduction, Poetry & Icecream  and the author none other then Norma Martiri.
She originates from Australia, where she shares her life with her family. I like how she describes what poetry is to her, " Life is full of poetry and I hope to bring my experiences to the written word. I’ve been secretly dabbling in poetry for many years but it’s only been recently that I’ve had the time to focus on it seriously.
The simple things in life make me happy, whether it be spending time with my family, watching old movies on a rainy day or picking wildflowers. This  simplicity often comes through in my poetry. I love nature and of course, poetry and ice-cream. I’ve always been a dreamer and writing allows me to dream."

The Blog


She started this blog in May 2011 and I have read some amazing quotes she has on there, also she has on the left side all the Poetic Terms, and forms, also charities. Quite amazing because I haven't seen anything for charities on other blogs I have read before. That tells me she cares about the innocent ones. She sound like a lady with a humble heart.

About her poetry, I have went to read up on her work and I have pulled some favorites.

My Escape

When planet conflicts dominate,
And workplace issues irritate,
I look for an escape.
When family matters overwhelm,
Hurl me into another realm,
I look for an escape.
When “I don’t want to!” I could cry,
Within four walls I’d gladly die,
I look for an escape.
Poetry,
My escape.

I like this one personally because when life gets too hard, writing is my escape to a world where I can block all this pain of the reality. Of the world at large.


Blood Ties

Blood
thick
deep,
and red
like anger,
an ever-flowing
ransom of
demands.
Presuming
objecting
unsettling.

Blood
straining
strangling
squeezing,
every ounce
of life -
until you are
lost
in a grip
of deep
despair.

It was a treat to come across and giving spotlight toa  blog like Poetry & Icecream it was definutely a great dessert for me. I would suggest you all to have a read of this amazing authors poetry.I am sure there is a treat for all of you.

From my side I thank you for joining me on this virtual review with Poetry & Icecream till next time. Wishing you all a happy week ahead.

Poetry & Icecream webblog address: Poetry & Icecream

“I think there’s a kind of desperate hope built into poetry that one really wants, hopelessly, to save the world. One is trying to say everything that can be said for the things that one loves while there’s still time.”
— W. S. Merwin


4 comments:

Poetry Potluck said...

love her poems, what a delicious treat on poetry.

her blog is very refreshing.

Poetry & Icecream said...

Thanks so much Chimnese for the lovely review. What a treat! I am truly honoured :)

Chim's World of Literature said...

Hi it was a great honour for me to have come across your blog....keep up teh good work that you have been doing....u actually inspire me....

California Ink in Motion said...

I LOVE this blog! We connected not that long ago and I truly love it! Thank you for highlighting it!