Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Poetry Potluck Week 48: Passionate Nights of Love...


There is No More Sunday Depression or Monday Blues because it is 
Poetry Potluck Time!!!
This week’s theme is...
Passionate Nights of Love
Sculpture from the famous Sun Temple "Konark"
in India. 

Welcome to Jingle Poetry Potluck Week 48, and I must thank you all for such a lovely response we got with your posts. It was nice to be there and read all your lovely posts and enjoy the talent of the diverse group of people this online community attracts. So here I am again  SHASHI going on to my 6th week of Poetry Potluck.
But before we start... here is a ...

Special News:
Jingle Poetry will move to a New Location, Beginning August 18, 2011..
Welcome to The Gooseberry Garden!

Now coming to Poetry Potluck theme of the week Passionate Nights of Love Its about that time of our flowering in soul, where some times the passion takes hold and the thoughts in mind rage like wild fire. That one moment, when the soul takes over the body, to feel the lightness of its ‘being’ in the purity of sense, from the dark depths of its desires.... So friends, pen your words of passion, let your desires run loose and let your feelings drown the darkness of night, in your being ‘alive’ in passions of soul....

What About Next Week?

It looks like that we are going to have a new look and new Garden of Eden to play within.... So let plan for being alive in new place and the theme is going to be Adam and Eve 

Leaving that aside, let's get back to the main topic here. 3...2...1-

Passionate Nights of Love

To inspire you, here is one of the most beautiful Verse by Pablo Neruda ‘Body of a woman’. This verse, as one of the writer said, is an introductory text to the poetry of desire.
Gabriel Garcia Marquez said of Pablo Neruda," The greatest poet of 20th century - in any language" and here is one of his interesting and beautiful verse called "Body of a Woman".

Body of a woman
_________________
Body of a woman, white hills, white thighs,
You look like a world, lying in surrender
My rough peasant's body digs in you
And makes the son leap from the depth of the earth

I was alone like a tunnel. The birds fled from me,
And night swamped me with its crushing invasion.
To survive myself I forged you like a weapon,
Like an arrow in my bow, a stone in my sling

...

Body of my woman, I will persist in your grace.
My thirst, my boundless desire, my shifting road!
Dark river-beds where the eternal thirst flows
And weariness follows, and the infinite ache.
________________
Pablo Neruda
Translated by W S Merwin

Thanks for joining us to support poetry, poetry promotion, and poetry sharing here at Jingle Poetry Monday Poetry Potluck!!!

How to Submit My Poetry?

Add your entry via InLinkz below by clicking on the blue button, and leave a comment in case it is your first time! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog.

Weekly poetry collection starts on Sunday, 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT), 72 hours for you to share your poetry with us...


Please share your poetry, comment below and read some very talented artists and have fun! 
______
Shashi
मः शिवा
Om Namah Shivaya



34 comments:

thingy said...

Happy Potluck!

Jingle Poetry said...

welcome,

passionate nights of love, how hot!

have fun, folks!

:)

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

My latest, Game Limerick also serves as a Limerick-Off writing challenge. Thanks very much!

Andy said...

WoW! This is going to be one HOT night!

Thanks Shashi for such a lovely prompt. The poem by Pablo Neruda is awesome.

Looking forward to some sultry reads. ;-)
Have a great Potluck all!

zongrik said...

This is the first and, so far, only love poem I have posted.

In general, I try not to write them.

lunawitch15 said...

i couldn't let jingle poetry leave us and not find the time to celebrate with everyone! happy potluck all!

love,
Luna

Shashi said...

Ok, I have submitted this time a little early... look forward to reading some hot and passionate thoughts this week....

Shashi
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/08/whispers-rain-rain-rain-again.html
At Twitter @VerseEveryDay

Fountains said...

I love the sexy stuff! Happy Potluck all.

bsain said...

Always glad to be here!

Emmanuel Ibok said...

Greetings to this great community. :)

Teresa Marie said...

Well, this one is probably going to freak out my subscribers and repeat visitors, lol! They've never seen a poem like this on my blog, but I did warn them a little while ago that I joined tihs site and they were going to see all kinds of new stuff. We will see what reactions I get. Hope you enjoy the poem I wrote. Blessings

Devilzangel said...

hahaa i must say shashi cums up wid really interestin themes every week lol :p

Melissa said...

I took it to excess, without taking it to excess. Hope it suits! Looking forward to seeing what folks came up with (after I get home from work, that is!!)

Larry, aka The Kid and The Old Goat said...

I thank you for the kind words on two of my Blogs. I did link three to this subject, probably not as steamy as the prompt suggests, but connected to love and passion nonetheless. (uUsed the byline nitewrit, although it came up Nitewrite one time by error.)


Larry

kez said...

Have submitted an older poem but will spend the day working on a new one for this challenge ...thanks for the kick up the bum ...enjoy !

mindsinger said...

May I ask why there are red asterisks beside my name in the list? I checked the links and they are OK.
Thanks.
Mindsinger

Jingle Poetry said...

Thanks a lot for the contributions.

Cheers.

kez said...

kick up the bum worked have submitted a light hearted poem about passion look forward to reading others over the next few days !

Kay said...

Passion! What a beautiful word! Happy potluck!
Yours truly,
Kay ♥

thingy said...

The red * is in case you want to delete your own write, mindsinger.

Daydreamertoo said...

Gosh, I didn't realise how the time had flown away. Late posting mine this week. Thanks to you all for organising the Pot Luck :)

Miss Kitten said...

Wow, what a great theme! Is it hot in here or is it just me?

Ginny Brannan said...

"Steamy passion" is not something I easily write about, however had an older one that I shared that I thought fit the category well enough!

funnygirllola said...

Thank you Jingle for the reminders and the availability to be heard. XOXOX
LoLa

kristinadaniellepoetry said...

I am participating for the second time! Like last time I'll be posting a link to a poem every day 'cause that's the rate I write & post them. I look forward to reading everyone's and love having these poetic eyes on my poetry blog.

You guys are all so amazing! So many great talents in such a small space!

Chelsea Bets said...

Thanks for the invitation! What a great theme...

blitzken said...

A wonderful, and clearly very popular idea for a theme! Hope ya'll enjoy my slightly different take. ;o)

Fred said...

Little late to the potluck this week, but better late then never, that's what I've always heard. Again thanks Jingle, for providing poets everywhere the opportunity to share and enjoy each others work:)

Jingle Poetry said...

Fred, thanks, thanks for coming, folks.

I am way left behind in making comments, will get started tomorrow morning,

Cheers.

Happy Wednesday.

Dawn said...

Interesting topic this week....I loved it :)
Thanks
Cheers

blackswanpoetry said...

done will do more

Jingle said...

Thanks for linking to Jingle Poetry Potluck.

cheers.

you all rock!

Marbles in My Pocket said...

I typically only submit one poem to Potluck each week, but today is Sherry and my anniversary, so I wanted to share the poem I wrote to her with all of you. It isn't quite in sinc with this week's theme, but it's close. It doesn't speak of passion in one sense, but it does in another. We are passionately devoted to each other. I am blessed, and wish the same for each of you.
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/i-am-loved/

Tigerbrite said...

Hi Shashi
I posted you the Empress and the Emperor. I am sure they have many nights of passion !