Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Meet the Poet (Special Review Tuesday!)





Please tell us a little about yourself:


I’m just a retired guy who started writing poetry last October.  I divorced about four years ago and have four grown children.  I enjoy writing and reading other poets work and aspire to be the best poet I can be.
I wrote this for Free Write Friday For Ellie, Magic In the backyard:


Tell me about your blog(s), about the name and what it means to you?


I named it “Michael’s Lair” and it’s a Just Write WordPress.com site.  www.booguloo.wordpress.com  The blog gives me an outlet for expression.  I realize the blogs name and the address are different but originally it was going to be called Booguloo’s Blog and I had everything set up and didn’t want to go through the process again.

When did you start blogging?


I started October 2010.

Your first poem, do you remember it?

Yes I do. It was in grade school and too silly to write here.


Is there a style of writing you prefer?

I prefer the rhyming style of poetry.  I have done free verse when I couldn’t find the right rhyming poem.

Do you write  something else besides poetry?

I have done micro fiction but I’ve only have put a couple on the blog.  

 

Favorite poem you've written?

There are so many that I like, but this one is special to me.


Inspirations! Where do you find them and what makes you comfortable writing?

Writing initially was and is a cathartic event for me.  Inspirations come from everyday occurrences or situations mostly. I like writing about real things in people's lives with some easy to understand verses that others can relate to.  I do have my days of silliness and lightheartedness. 

Favorite books? Authors?

The Bible and The Big Book, for alcoholics and addicts are my favorite books.  I have a very short attention span and I find these two books allow reading short passages and being able to absorb the content to be more satisfying. 

Being part of Jingle community, what are the benefits?

Having a chance to show your work to others and being able read others in a community setting.  The comments are a great benefit for the ego and for polishing your work among others who look for the same thing.

Any advice for people who would like to write poetry?

Continue to write and learn all you can.  It takes a while to find a niche unless you are very talented and you’ll know when it happens. Participate in every event you feel comfortable in doing; read your fellow poets writing and comment but most of all try to have fun.  The more you read and participate the quicker you begin to learn.


7 comments:

sillyfrogsusan said...

A wonderful interview!I agree, having fun is what's important :-)

Jingle Poetry said...

keep smiling, poet booguloo,

Thanks for the grace to this place.

:)

Andy said...

Hello.
I like booguloo's responses. Being a part of a community and receiving feedback is indeed great for the ego, but it also gives one a chance to learn and grow. We all have our own unique styles and no one's style is right or wrong. The main thing is to enjoy what you do and have fun along the way.

Awesome interview!

dsnake1 said...

Nice to know you!

yes, the important thing is to like what you do, and have fun doing it. :)

Jingle said...

keep it up,

poet booguloo,

Thanks for being here.

lynnaima said...

yeahhhhhhh! Nice reading more about Boo! :) He is one of the most supportive commenters from Jingle Poetry and I dig my boo :)
Good choices this week you all!

bendedspoon said...

I'm a fan of booguloo's witty and humorous poems and the moving ones as well! :)