Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Poetry Potluck Week 46 : Love and its not being there...


There is No More Sunday Depression or Monday Blues because it is 
Poetry Potluck Time!!!
This week’s theme is...
Love and its not being there”

Welcome to Jingle Poetry Potluck Week 46, and I must thank you all for such a lovely response we got with your posts. It was nice to be there and read all your lovely posts and enjoy the talent of the diverse group of people this online community attracts. So here I am again  SHASHI going on to my 4th week of Poetry Potluck.
 "Othello and Desdemona" by Alexandre-Marie Colin, 1829

Now coming to Poetry Potluck theme of this week Love and its not being there!!!... We, at most of the times love, based on thoughts and feelings that our lover gives. We feel the togetherness and being happy without any logical reason ... that is love... Some one said, love is a feeling you feel that you are going to feel a feeling, that you have never felt before. But then suddenly everything changes, you are left without the person you loved completely, without any way to let her/him know that how much it means to be with her/him. His or her feelings change for you because something changed in her/his environment and you are left holding your shattered heart... What do you do? Here I find the words as therapeutic and as means to heal yourself... and this is what this weeks theme is all about.... Healing yourself with your words to be what you could have been.... and share your those moments, when you realised the LOSS...

To give you heads up, I have selected some interesting verse’s below... enjoy and be inspired... you don’t need to have a broken heart to write...

What About Next Week?

For Week 47, we will have theme History and Storieswhere you are required to write how our history has so many stories that have attracted people of all ages and inspired many great talents to write amazing stories...  you have the freedom to write anything new or share any old poems with us, either theme fitting or theme unrelated... Hope that would be great fun too...

Leaving that aside, let's get back to the main topic here. 3...2...1-

Here are some interesting poetry to inspire you to write about “Love and its not being there”....

To honor one of the greatest writer in English, I am reproducing one of the most beautiful and powerful words of love [In my opinion.. ;-)] here.... from Othello.

This verse below is a dialogue between Othello (Othello is, in one sense of the word, by far the most romantic figure among Shakespeare's heroes;) and Desdemona, when Othello comes back from war....

DESDEMONA
My dear Othello!

OTHELLO
It gives me wonder great as my content
To see you here before me. O my soul's joy!
If after every tempest come such calms,
May the winds blow till they have waken'd death!
And let the labouring bark climb hills of seas
Olympus-high and duck again as low
As hell's from heaven! If it were now to die,
'Twere now to be most happy; for, I fear,
My soul hath her content so absolute
That not another comfort like to this
Succeeds in unknown fate.

DESDEMONA
The heavens forbid
But that our loves and comforts should increase,
Even as our days do grow!

OTHELLO
Amen to that, sweet powers!
I cannot speak enough of this content;
It stops me here; it is too much of joy:
And this, and this, the greatest discords be
[Kissing her]
That e'er our hearts shall make!

_________________
William Shakespeare
(baptised 26 April 1564; died 23 April 1616)
Text and Image Source
Wikipedia
Alfred, Lord Tennyson's Maud: A mono drama was written in July 1855 and reviewers were alarmed by the hysteria and morbidity of central character that they sneeringly called it Mad or Mud. But it was a huge financial success.
One evening after publication of Maud, while staying with Browning, Tennyson drank TWO bottles of port and became disconsolate about the poem's critical reception and his virtual neglect before 1842. In a bid to distract him, Elizabeth Browning, urged him to read Maud aloud to them, which he happily obliged with tremendous vigour and tears running down his cheeks...

FROM MAUD
Part 1 Section XI
__________________
O let the solid ground
Not fail beneath my feet
Before my life has found
What some have found so sweet;
Then let come what come may,
What matter if I go mad,
I shall have had my day.


Let the sweet heavens endure,
Not close and darken above me
Before I am quite sure
That there is one to love me;
Then let come what come may
To a life that has been so sad,
I shall have had my day.
______________________
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
(Aug 6, 1809 - Oct 6, 1892)

Thanks for joining us to support poetry, poetry promotion, and poetry sharing here at Jingle Poetry Monday Poetry Potluck!!!

How to Submit My Poetry?

Add your entry via InLinkz below by clicking on the blue button, and leave a comment in case it is your first time! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog.

Weekly poetry collection starts on Sunday, 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT), 72 hours for you to share your poetry with us...


Please share your poetry, comment below and read some very talented artists and have fun! 
______
Shashi
मः शिवा
Om Namah Shivaya



42 comments:

Jingle Poetry said...

Welcome to poetry potluck week 46,

Shashi has done an amazing job here.

Cheers,

thingy said...

Not theme related, but... Happy Potluck, all!

mrwatson215 said...

Happy PotLuck Everyone ! My 2nd $ 3rd entries are older poems... I thought they fit the theme of this week ! Hope you guys enjoy !

Jacqui Binford-Bell said...

I had two poems this week that fit the theme of love lost.

JamieDedes said...

Happy Potluck days everyone ...

Fountains said...

I found a poem that was actually on theme this time, but then I couldn't figure out how to delete one I'd already posted. Goodness.

Andy said...

Excellent selections, Shashi.

This promises to be a fun week.
Enjoy Potluck everyone!

hannah said...

submitting here for the first time. i hope im not going too crazy linking two poems. most of my poetry falls under the theme's category (fortunately and unfortunately, if you get my drift) =)

Rachel Hoyt said...

I think the character that inspired this poem would say his advice applies to those who have recently lost love. So... happy shark week everyone. :)

Umesh Rao said...

Thanks for hosting the potluck Shashi :)

Posting the poem I wrote after realizing “Love and its not being there”! -- So close yet so far :)

Have a nice potluck people and a wonderful week!

Fyodor Lewis said...

Happy reading and writing all! I look forward to checking out as much poetry as I can! :D

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

My latest, Love-Smitten Limerick also serves as a Limerick-Off writing challenge. Thanks very much!

magicinthebackyard said...

Happy potluck!! ♥

lunawitch15 said...

Shashi you are doing a wonderful job!
thank you for a nother wonderful week of potluck. :)

Shashi said...

Hi Friends....
I have posted my year old poetry as i feel that it suits the mood here...
Hope you will enjoy this weeks poetry potluck...
Happy reading...

Shashi
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2010/05/whispers.html

haikulovesongs said...

thank you for the wonderful prompt, Shashi, and the lovely examples. the poem i posted today was an expansion of a haiku from last year which addresses how it is hard to risk another broken heart. ♥ dani

Center Shocker said...

First timer... Posted.

http://achu89.blogspot.com/2011/06/remember-me.html

deep said...

Written a timely one, apt for theme. Thanks for such beautiful poetry.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Some may think my poem sad but I think it's quite cheerful!

Rek said...

Lovely words ...I am afraid my old one isn't even worth being on this page...still I post....narcissist me

Dishilicious said...

nice. :) i've linked three posts this week, all fitting the theme i guess. happy potluck everyone!!

Kate said...

All of mine are old, but I havnt wrote about love for a while, not in this sense. Hope they are okay =) Happy Potluck!

catieeliza said...

On tuesday last week the man I have loved for about 9 months walked away... definitely time to write a poem. ;] xx

Angela Felsted said...

What a great theme!

Orange said...

Happy Potluck to all:) I linked one of my old poems as that was closer to the theme...

Daydreamertoo said...

Thanks to you all once again for organising this. It must take you hours to set it all up for us.

mindsinger said...

A little late today; had to get my newspaper columns in first. Have a beautiful week.

Marbles in My Pocket said...

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! So much going on today--all good! Glad to join in again and looking forward to more awesome poetry from a bunch of wonderful poets!

Raivenne said...

Well I posted. Hope it's taken in the spirit in which it's meant.

M. A. S. said...

Everybody enjoy everybody else!

haikulovesongs said...

a different perspective in this one...

Jingle said...

Hello,

enjoying s small break, will comment to all of you tomorrow spending the whole day.

keep your delicious treats coming.

Happy Potluck!

ankokuhikaru said...

Love? Such a theme I can not miss. But there are to much poems for me to chose and post. T.T Well I ended up linking ones that are pretty straight forward instead of symbolical(like my poem "The Rose").

For such a theme as this I expect this to be one of the biggest collections here. ^^

Well, Lovely days to you all.

haikulovesongs said...

my 3rd poem is up ~ love and it's not being there have been a lot of fun for me. each poem from a different perspective. it's almost 2am but i'll be visiting more tomorrow. great poetry this week! thank you, Shashi!
dani

Stephanie said...

I've posted three this week! =) I hope that isn't too much; I was in a sharing mood with the theme and how it can be applied to all different sorts of love...

Teresa Marie said...

Hi, Thanks for the invitation to join in! I don't know for sure what to do but I have created a new catagory on my blog for this, posted the link for two poems and added your link to my sidebar. Hope I did it right and that you enjoy my poems :) God bless, Terri

Jingle said...

Hello:

I have some award giving away for August followers, if you wish to take two of them, feel free to visit the link here

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/08/jingles-august-follower-awards.html

bless you day!

Chelsea Bets said...

Great theme.

Thanks for the opportunity to share. :)

pure2core said...

Thank you for the Topic given ....I have read so many wonderful masterpiece ... I feel happy that I am part of this community....

okelle said...

Thanks for the invitation, Jingle. Too late for another addition?

anjum artwriter said...

Hello, Dear Jingle, I have finally managed to form some lines , some from my poetry collection,and here is the outcome.
http://poeticocean.blogspot.com/2010/09/love-in-doubt.html
regards
anjum

Shashi said...

My friends
Its great to be here and work on this Poetry Potluck... Today I am putting up the WK 47 and look forward to seeing you all there...

Shashi
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
At twitter @VerseEveryDay