Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Poetry Potluck Week 45 : Nature and Life


There is No More Sunday Depression or Monday Blues because it is 
Poetry Potluck Time!!!

Welcome to Jingle Poetry Potluck Week 45, and I must thank you all for such a lovely response we got with your posts. It was nice to be there and read all your lovely posts and enjoy the talent of the diverse group of people this online community attracts. So here I am again  SHASHI going on to my 3rd week of another interesting week of Poetry Potluck.
Danube River, Vienna

Now coming to Poetry Potluck theme of this week "Nature and life” !!!... I personally believe that the nature is nothing but our own reflections of the person within us... and this inner self works really in a very close co-ordination with the external consciousness... and that is the reason we know that we need to work along with the nature rather than working against... and this post today is about trying to have an ongoing discussion with our inner self as well as our external world... and I am sure that even if we start individually, we will make a different.. however small it may be....

So here you are, check out some of the verse’s below... and  look inwards to know  yourself... so that you can understand others...

How to Submit My Poetry?

Add your entry via InLinkz below by clicking on the blue button, and leave a comment in case it is your first time! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog.

Weekly poetry collection starts on Sunday, 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT), 72 hours for you to share your poetry with us...


What About Next Week?

For Week 46, we will have theme Love and its not being therewhere you are required to write how  love  affects you and into your living...  you have the freedom to write anything new or share any old poems with us, either theme fitting or theme unrelated... Hope that would be great fun too...
Leaving that aside, let's get back to the main topic here. 3...2...1-


Here are some interesting poetry to inspire you to write....

"Nature" is what we see
By Emily Dickinson
"Nature" is what we see --
The Hill -- the Afternoon --
Squirrel -- Eclipse -- the Bumble bee --
Nay -- Nature is Heaven --
Nature is what we hear --
The Bobolink -- the Sea --
Thunder -- the Cricket --
Nay -- Nature is Harmony --
Nature is what we know --
Yet have no art to say --
So impotent Our Wisdom is
To her Simplicity.

To Nature 
-by Samuel Coleridge
It may indeed be fantasy when I
Essay to draw from all created things
Deep, heartfelt, inward joy that closely clings;
And trace in leaves and flowers that round me lie
Lessons of love and earnest piety.
So let it be; and if the wide world rings
In mock of this belief, it brings
Nor fear, nor grief, nor vain perplexity.
So will I build my altar in the fields,
And the blue sky my fretted dome shall be,
And the sweet fragrance that the wild flower yields
Shall be the incense I will yield to Thee,
Thee only God! and thou shalt not despise
Even me, the priest of this poor sacrifice.

Thanks for joining us to support poetry, poetry promotion, and poetry sharing here at Jingle Poetry Monday Poetry Potluck!!!
Please share your poetry and have fun! 
__________________
ॐ नमः शिवाय 
Om Namah Shivaya




37 comments:

Jingle Poetry said...

beautiful poem from Emily and Samuel,

Thanks for another treat, Shashi.

Jacqui Binford-Bell said...

This a great topic this week and ties in so well with my goal of a poem for each of my paintings.

thingy said...

Ooh, Emily. Perfect.

Happy Potluck! : )

Victoria said...

Sashi, I enjoy your intro's. Thank you for your hard work.

lunawitch15 said...

Hi
i am right in the middle of a huge storm right now and will read everyone in the am.
i now have to get off before our power goes out again.

happy potluck everyone!

Luna

lynnaima said...

please erase the email, not sure why it came up today thanks :(

Andy said...

Happy Potluck wherever you are!

Thanks Shashi for another wonderful introduction to tonight's offerings.

Emily & Samuel's poems are like odes to nature and of course the music of the week Starry, Starry Night fits the theme beautifully.

I have two entries tonight. The first is on the theme and the second is a newbie about...love. ;-)

Am looking forward to some wonderful reading throughout the week.

Have a great one, everybody!

roughwaterjohn said...

I submitted two this week because I'm trying something new. I wanted to write about one event or place in time, but from the perspective of the two participants. I hope it works. :-)

Jingle Poetry said...

welcome, folks/talented poets.

will read now.

Happy Potluck.

Jena said...

This is a very nice community1!! thanks for inviting me in! :)

Devilzangel said...

yayy i lubbb nature :D in all its form :D nice theme :D

Fountains said...

Why am I never prepared for the appropriate theme?! I managed one about a garden, and one about a bird. A bird is nature, right? The bird totally counts.

ccchampagne said...

I've allowed myself to veer ever so slightly off theme in my first poem, which was inspired by the massacre in and outside Oslo, Norway. I'll try to manage something more on topic for a second entry! Happy Potluck everyone!

Rinkly Rimes said...

I was pleased to be introduced to both your example poems and I look forward to browsing the entries later. A very poetic theme this week.

Rosie@travel-i-tales said...

This is a good theme...and a challenge if we write a haiku on this prompt. But I'm up for this challenge.I'm sure the rest of you had a great time writing your poems.
Rosie

UmaAnandane said...

Both are lovely poems.Good selection Shail.Happy Potluck to all!

jeaniemcbain said...

I have just finished reading all of the poetry posted on the list to date. I have to say there are some wonderfully talented poets out there. What a pleasure and an honour to read such awesome work.

Just loving it :)

Rachel Hoyt said...

Happy Potluck everyone! I'm sharing an old poem today. Greenzilla's Top 5 Green Deeds

Rachel Hoyt said...

Happy Potluck everyone! I'm sharing an old poem today. Greenzilla's Top 5 Green Deeds

My garden haven said...

I'm submitting a second entry, this time from my garden blog.Happy Potluck and let's be one with Nature.
Rosie

Jesse.s.mitchell said...

any of you folks on Google+? if so, add me...I mean if you want.

And if you are not on google+ and would like to be, let me know, I think I have a few invites left.

Thanks, Jesse

bsain said...

I'm here!
I made it!

lynnaima said...

Thanks Ji for the help :) xxxx

Pat Cegan said...

Hi, will you please delete 116 as it has a bad link. I have reposted the poem, Leaning into the Wind. Thanks.

http://patcegan.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/lean-into-the-wind/

Jingle said...

done, Pat.

Glad that your re-linking works.

haikulovesongs said...

beautiful poems and a fabulous prompt. thank you, Shashi. it made me stop and think about how i want to live ~ carpe diem, baby!
dani

marit said...

Great reads so far!

Can I be added to the poetry blog roll? Jw :)

duncancleary said...

Three posted about trees. Thanks for invite.

JamieDedes said...

Off we go again. Great reads as always from our fab community...

Joel said...

This is my first time in the PotLuck. My poem is a response to the recent tragedy in Norway. My prayers are with all the victims as I struggle to make sense of the senseless.

^.^ said...

Thanks for the invite. Love your blog ... and the huge amount of inspiration ... Blessed be, cat.

Shashi said...

My friends... I am thrilled to see such a lovely response and I am glad that I am hosting the same... though this week it was a tricky one as i was travelling to Rishikesh in himalaya for a spiritual break..., where I am still but then I am so glad that the Blogspot has this automatic posting... so before catching the flight to Delhi I could place it to be uploaded... Thanks Jingle for highlighting and coaching me on that....

I am going to be in Chennai on 27th July after 4 days of introspection and meditation.... and look forward to read great talent that gathers here every week... with hot cuppa...


ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

mpucukilalang said...

I do really glad I'm not late to submit my newest post....
it entitled Lament of Lost Soul.. hope you enjoy to read. God Bless You.. :)

Seek The Sun said...

Thanks for a great theme! Nature is my favorite, most sacred place to be.
Happy Potluck everyone!

haikulovesongs said...

here's one of my early poems ~ a haiku about the moon. ♥
thank you for the opportunity to participate with so many truly amazing poets!
dani ♥

ds said...

Wonderful intro and excellent examples for a lovely theme (forcing me to more or less complete a work-in-progress). Looking forward to reading others' submissions. Thank you.

Jingle said...

Thank you for sharing, poets/poetess,

Happy Potluck!