Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Poetry Potluck Week 42-Siblings, Cousins, and Friends


There is No More Sunday Depression or Monday Blues because it is 
Poetry Potluck Time!!!



Welcome to Jingle Poetry Potluck Week 42, Our Theme of the Week is  "SiblingsCousins and Friends"!! We (Riika & Jingle) offer you our BEST REGARDS to another beautiful week of Poetry Potluck.  It is also time to celebrate Independence Day in the U. S. with Fireworks, Flags, Parades, and Cakes, THUS, bring your siblings, cousins, and friends along, let's party and enjoy whatever you wish to share with us....

How to link in my poetry?

Share your work using InLinkz below, and leave a comment in case it is your first time! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog.

Weekly poetry collection starts on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT), 72 hours for you to share your poetry with us...


Upcoming Next Week!! 

For Week 43, We will have theme FREE Week, Let's call it Free Verse Week, you have the freedom to write anything new or share any old poems with us...what fun it is, that's next week!

Leaving that aside, let's get back to the main topic here. 3...2...1
*pull the party poppers* 
Poetry Pot Lucky! 

Note: We are going to introduce you to a special corner over at our first side bar called "Music of the Week". It will be a music chosen for the Poetry Potluck and the music will change on weekly basis. Please simply press the Play button and you are good to go! ^_^

Enjoy Talented poems below and write on upon your inspirations and thoughts.
(A little suggestion over here will be that to invite your friends, siblings or cousins to write a poem together with you and share it over here, how does that sounds?)




My Sons
by Ina

When the youngest of the three was born
There seem to be a pact they’d sworn
Never to be broken

They shared their toys and  candy just the same
As they would argue for a stupid game
Never giving up

Brothers they were and although they fought
always remaining in the other’s thought
Never be forsaken

Brothers and the love they share
Keep them strong in life and everywhere
Never  be forgotten



For a Friend

I wish I could save you
I wish I could save me
Save me from myself
Save us from unhealthy dreams
And the things that we will never see
Fight those tears with me
I’ll walk alone wherever I go
But I will carry your memory
And your secrets in my misery
I wish I could save us
But my hands are bound to solitude
Sleep in silence my friend
And never touch  this fire again.



Siblings Rivalry For Adults

It feels like you’ve won this war,
but sweetie, guess what?
It’s just the second round of it,
and I hope to hurt you a lot.

So Bart wouldn’t help me,
and nor would Barney.
It’s not their war,
so they won’t be party,
to anything that might make you sad,
but, tell you what honey,
that’s not so bad.

I was born a loner
and I guess that’s me
and when I’m done
we’ll really see!
Or maybe we won’t,
’cause I’m hallucinating.
The future might be yours,
just out there waiting?

I have no idea – don’t care, all I know
is that, somehow,
you always steal my show!
Maybe I’m everything
that you say?
But perhaps being evil
is what takes me through the day?



Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at Jingle Poetry Monday Poetry Potluck!!!


57 comments:

thingy said...

Happy Potluck. Mine's a downer, but true.

Jingle Poetry said...

all is welcome,

love these poems featured.

Happy Potluck to all!

Happy July 4th!

Jesse.s.mitchell said...

I don't have any siblings and actually very few cousins...and I have never been too good with prompts so mine have nothing to do with the subject today...don't try to find the family connection...it isn't there. I hope they work for you anyway. thanks for reading.

Jingle Poetry said...

No problem,

feel free to share any poetry you wish to share.

have fun!

Victoria said...

I also took a dark journey with mine. Enjoyed the three poems in the intro. Thanks to all of you.

Luke Prater said...

Mine aren't on the theme either but I think they'll be received ok. Look fwd to reading some of ya poetry!

love and peace to all

Luke @ WordSalad

Andy said...

Happy Potluck everyone!

Thanks to Ina, DreamDrama & CC Champagne for the lovely poems.

My entry is called "The Poetess"...could be a love, friend or muse...I'll leave you to decide.

Have a great week ahead!

haikulovesongs said...

great featured poems!

this one is dark, depressing and not really good for the prompt. i'll try to do a better one. {smile}

thanks!
dani ♥

tarunima said...

friendship is love because my special someone is also my best friend:)
happy potluck everyone..:)
And wonderful poems by ina,dreamdrama,ccchampagne:)

ccchampagne said...

Mine might be a little corny, but it's about the best cousin in the world... Happy Potluck everyone!

alivealways said...

One simple short poem on friendship and other one off topic, hope you guys dig it.
Happy potluck everyone!!!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Mine is a Freedom Loving Limerick. Thanks!

blitzken said...

Welcome back everyone!
My offering this week is a heartfelt one, and I think applicable to all of us!
Now, off to do some reading..... ;o)

booguloo said...

Potluck begins in the 50's! Smiles

Domain registration india said...

Interesting post and i love these poems. Thanks for sharing.

kez said...

have submitted my latest poem not of the theme but am hoping to work on one and finish it before the link is ended ....thanks for the opportunity and to all the poets for their inspired writings

Kay said...

The poems are so lovely. It's difficult to believe an entire week has passed. I look forward to yet another Potluck and wish everyone a wonderful week ahead. Blessings!

kez said...

Managed one on the theme,who knows may get another in !

planet cyberluz said...

Couldn't seem to get going on this one and then a haiku came to me. I have used your cute picture to go with it. Have a good day Jingle. Thanks for the pot luck. Tigerbrite

mindsinger said...

One of eight children, I just realized I've never written a poem about any one of them! Freudian or what? The ones I selected for this Potluck are more friends and community than relatives. Good relationships with my siblings, just no poetry. 8-)

Jingle said...

Happy Potluck....

Share anything you have in hand,

have fun!

jeaniemcbain said...

I have put my three links up, two I wrote this morning and one oldie, I tried to keep them light, I hope you enjoy them.
I am thoroughly enjoying reading through all the wonderful poetry, there are some awesome poets around and I feel honour to read thier work.

Fred said...

Happy Potluck and for those of you in the states, happy 4th. I put three pieces down at 79,80 and 82 one is about family, one is about Independence Day and the other is a recent piece. Hope all have a good week:)

Ramesh Sood said...

well I took Jingle's advice and added a special for JPP.. not a happy one.. but it flowed from my heart.. where it was hiding..

here's it..

http://rameshsood.blogspot.com/2011/07/drawings-of-illusions-for-osi.html

Ramesh Sood said...

well I took Jingle's advice and added a special for JPP.. not a happy one.. but it flowed from my heart.. where it was hiding..

here's it..

http://rameshsood.blogspot.com/2011/07/drawings-of-illusions-for-osi.html

dc said...

Happy potluck everyone

Neva Flores said...

Thank you for the invite, Happy Potluck!

Jo Bryant said...

here it is
http://jobryantnz.wordpress.com/2011/06/30/47-days-and-counting/
The prose poem starts a little way down - after I have a wee ramble about Mum first. :)

chromatopias.com said...

Thanks for the opportunity. Sorry if this comment is redundant but I couldn't tell if the last one went through. My submission is about my father. http://chromapoesy.com/2011/07/04/the-game/ Anna

Jingle said...

Happy Tuesday,

Thanks for linking and sharing..

cheers.

Fountains said...

Believe all three of mine are off topic, and two of which are my longest poems to date. Yikes. Hope at least someone out there really has some stamina and fortitude. :P Looking forward to reading everyone's contributions.

mindlovemisery said...

My submissions are going to be off topic as well

Life in a Poem said...

thanx for sharing this link

Shreedhar Iyengar said...

Wrote a poem after a 2 month gap.. for mom.. was tired out after NaPoWriMo! Not very related to the theme, but still, there it is. :)

My garden haven said...

Thanks for the invitation, Jingle. Mine is related to my photos and to your theme! Enjoyed making it work.
Rosie

Rosie@travel-i-tales said...

Oops I signed in as mygardenhaven, when my poem is on my travel blog. Anyway, you're all welcome to both my blogs. :-)
Rosie

Bhargav said...

juat added,.. its not as per the theme, sorry for that...

Anonymous said...

Thanks jingle for the invitation! I've shared a 'wish poem'...
Very promising indeed from the divinest heart to my sweetheart.. ):
Hope you all enjoy it.
Welkin

dakshi said...

Thanx Jingle.
I loved the theme...

Miss Kitten said...

Mine's a downer too, but deeply personal. And true. Hope you like it.

Jingle said...

Folks,

Thanks for adding your treats.

outstanding spirits here.
keep it up.
Keep your talent coming,
keep your writing alive.

Cheers.
Happy Tuesday!

Ali said...

Reading some amazing stuff from you all!!!

Hope mine measures up! xxx

belladonna23 said...

feels good to be in the potluck again... ugh busy busy busy... i haven't had anytime to donate to my precious hobby :( but i will commit to this.... i love everyone here, we all share this common love

Jingle said...

Ali, Bella, welcome.

enjoy the potluck.

ankokuhikaru said...

As much as I have written, I'm surprised I don't have any writings on any of those subjects. -.- So I linked one which was requested to me by a friend (Gave me the Title and I worked with it), and came close to the subject at hand.

Music of the Week? Sounds Familiar. Soothing, so far, which makes perfect sense, and fit with the pages theme.

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Here's Mine

my poem


Melanie Bishop

lunawitch15 said...

sorry i am so late
will be reading all as soon as i can
happy potluck all!
hope everyone had a great 4th!
Luna

tasithoughts said...

A little late but I am here! So good to be back! Looking forward to the Potluck!

Have a great one, everyone!

JP

Dave Holloway said...

My siblings hate me so I posted something totally irrelevant. Sorry.

Bijaylaxmi said...

Sorry for delay in joining... It's first time I am posting... and very glad to be a part of it... I have linked to two slightly befitting poems- My relation with star and moon... Hope you would like.

Thanks and regards
Bijaylaxmi

mpucukilalang said...

glad there is still enough time to join... thought i was very late....
since I busy in campus, I leave blogging world for a moment...
hope you all enjoy my poem
happy reading dear friends... :)

tekia said...

I'm a little late but glad to be able to participate again! Enjoyed the potluck poems very much!! Happy Potluck all :-)

Jingle said...

it is never too late, tekia, and welcome,

mpucukilalang


have fun today.

Cassiopeia Rises said...

I love to post here but wonder why I am not ever listed on the poets blog roll.

Melanie

Jingle said...

Cassiopia:

will do have you in the blog roll.

we are behind 2 or 3 weeks.

working on it tonight.

theaveragegirlnextdoor said...

I posted mine - its on Mountain Living - but its not what you think! I really like this one alot.

pure2core said...

Such a lovely topic indeed...Stirring up every one's inner feel...Happy poetry potluck...