Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Poetry Potluck Week 41-Saints, Monks, and Meditation!!


There is No More Sunday Depression or Monday Blue because it is 
Poetry Potluck Time!!!



Welcome to Jingle Poetry Potluck Week 41, Our Theme of the Week is  "Saints, Monks and Meditation"!! We (Jingle & Riika) offer you our warmest greetings to another fantastic week of Poetry Potluck. It is time to enjoy the peace surrounding us now in the form of mediation, the moment of tranquility within the prayers by the monks, and don't forget the teaching of the holy saints.

How to link in my poetry?

Share your work using InLinkz below, and leave a comment in case it is your first time! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog.

Weekly poetry collection starts on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT), 72 hours for you to share your poetry with us...


Upcoming Next Week!! 

For Week 42, We will have the theme "SiblingsCousins and Friends"!!! So bring your siblings  cousins and friends along with you on this one! A little suggestion will be getting them to write a poetry together with you in related to the theme, how does that sounds? That's next week of course! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us... 

Leaving that aside, let's get back to the main topic here. 3...2...1
*pull the party poppers* 
Poetry Pot Lucky! 

Note: We are going to introduce you to a special corner over at our first side bar called "Music of the Week". It will be a music chosen for the Poetry Potluck and the music will change once every week. So just press the Play button and you are good to go! ^_^

Enjoy the poems below and write on upon your inspirations and thoughts.



ST. MANDOLIRA *
By Lyn

I will be a saint one day too,
threading a needle of hope
and genuflected to.

Martyrs haven't owned this title yet,
the Patron Saint of Worker Bees
and Violins.

For the amber flow 
of honey
in a hexagon geometry,
pray to me.

If you play a Stradivari,
do the same.

Saints give up their skeletons,
I pluck a string
with a sliver of mine.

My world is a reliquary,
I have holy bones too,
and bless the honeyed tea.

*Mandolira...a musical instrument.



SpellBound
By RiikaInfinityy

Quiet room with lit candles
I open my eyes
a vision begin to appear
surrounding me
I try to recall
yet it is futile

It is definitely not now
and definitely not the past
ruins, debris
wreckage, destruction
land and sea merge
crimson sky of flames
ashes floating in the air
what is going on?

A moment ago
in mediation mode
and now I am here
remembering nothing
and bonded to the destruction
where am I?
why am I here?

The darkness drag
the vision into it and
vanish into thin air
I am back in
the quiet room with the lit candles
once again…


Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at Jingle Poetry Monday Poetry Potluck!!!


49 comments:

booguloo said...

Happy Potluck!

halfwaybetweenthegutter said...

Happy potluck everybody! I was ill over the past week, so was unable to join in, so looking forward to catching up and hearing from some new poets!

I've added three links; between potluck, poet's rally and elsewhere, I get confused by the rules sometimes, so if that's not okay, feel free to remove :)

halfwaybetweenthegutter said...

Happy potluck everybody! I was ill over the past week, so was unable to join in, so looking forward to catching up and hearing from some new poets!

I've added three links; between potluck, poet's rally and elsewhere, I get confused by the rules sometimes, so if that's not okay, feel free to remove :)

lunawitch15 said...

just didn't have a new one in me, so I posted my 3 set. hope you all like it.
Luna

Andy said...

Not sure if my entry made it, as Linky not showing entries.
Mine's not on theme, but hot off the press new!

http://mypoetcharm.blogspot.com/2011/06/morning-after.html

Happy Potluck everyone!

lynnaima said...

Nice writes Lyn and Rika
Happy potluck one and all! :)

thingy said...

Happy Potluck. Can't see the links, though. : (

Victoria said...

Looking forward to an "ecstatic" experience this week. ;)0

halfwaybetweenthegutter said...

Is there a way of us viewing the links? I have a few hours free to comment and can't find them!

http://halfwaybetweenthegutter.wordpress.com/

RiikaInfinityy said...

Sorry about it guys, I am trying to get the login info for the inlinkz from Jingle to see what is happening, once she reply, I will get to the problem asap, so don't worry, just send in your entry first :)

teric said...

Happy Potluck. I posted an old one that was perfect for the prompt.
I cant see links either. Will check later.

lunawitch15 said...

its all good riika. we can wait. your doin a great job!
Hugs
Luna

James Christopher Sheppard said...

Happy Monday peeps. I can't see the links though and I'm ready to comment. :s

http://jameschristophersheppard.blogspot.com/2011/06/freckles_15.html is mine.

Wellspring Of The Soul said...

Every one have a most delightful Poetry Potluck. Always a pleasure and always lots of love. Everyone stay creative.

Poetry Potluck said...

Folks,

we love DRAMAS!

hold your horses, we will make it HAPPEN!

cheers.
Thanks for sharing.

Poetry Potluck said...

On our right hand side bar,

you can click on the music box, listening to it while waiting.

Cheers.

Happy Potluck!

Alissa said...

New here. Old poem. Happy potluck!

MrWatson215 said...

Happy Potluck Every1 !

http://mrwatson215.wordpress.com/2011/06/26/a-simple-kiss/

Jingle Poetry said...

Alissa,

Welcome.

have fun!

Laurie Kolp said...

Thanks again for the positive encouragement, support and inspiration!

Luke Prater said...

Hi, nice to be back again... I look forward to reading some great poetry. Cheers all

Luke @ WordSalad

haikulovesongs said...

have a wonderful week!

bsain said...

Happy poetry readings all!
I wrote a thought (not a poem) last week and have just finished a poem that I linked to today. Would love thoughts from my community!
Can't wait to read you all this week!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

My Fiery Limerick serves as a Limerick-Off challenge.

Thanks as always for an interesting post and a great opportunity to share poems.

Dasuntoucha said...

Happy writing! (^_^)...here's to a prosperous and wonderful week.

Lyn said...

What a thrilling surprise it was for me to see a poem of mine, "St. Mandolira", posted. So grateful that you found it....thank you so much!!And I've posted a brand new one...quite different!!

Jingle said...

Lyn,

always enjoy your poetry.
you actually read the post and find out, glad to have your talent featured.

Cheers.

smiles.

Jingle

mpucukilalang said...

dear Jingle,
Yaaaayyyy! so glad I can join here.... 2 of my old poems, perhaps compatible with the theme,,, and the "the titled: sacred" i had written in goth character ( I do apologize if there will make any bad feeling ). but i want to share it. but I do appreciate if the reader give me any comments and suggestion in developing my writing skill.
sincerely, C. Sasmita (Journey to Eternity )

Cassiopeia Rises said...

My Haibun is a little long but interesting.


Melanie

thingy said...

Ina, you are a fantastic writer. This is a community to share wonderful words. Just my opinion. I hope you post a poem. : )

Ina said...

Hi Thingy, thanks. I will come back. :) Jingle does a great job here.

Ina said...

Thingy thanks, I will be back, Jingle is doeing a great job! (hope this one will make it lol)

~L said...

oh how I tried to write a poem and did... but it just seemed better in a rambling of a post:) I think it's a bit poetic bit a 700 word post instead... oops hope it's okay I share it with you all anyway:) I will work on a poem later this week:)

mindsinger said...

The poems I post today are not about a saint or a monk, but they are about the inner dialogue. I'm late posting; was ill most of the week, then my husband began having difficulty. Glad to be here.

kez said...

have submitted my ideal way of meditating hopefully most people can identify with it ...thanks for the opportunity to share with others

the feeling lioness said...

thiz iz a nice place
except it fells like poetry vegetable market sometimes
hahaha ;D

the feeling lioness said...

oh but this seems to be a very nice and serious theme :)

Fred said...

Wow, got on here late this week and wow lots to read, nice! I'm at 129,131 and 133. 3 different pieces this week, all kinda off topic, but kinda just worked out that way one week. Hope all enjoy, look forward to reading lots of great pieces. Thanks Jingle for doing this each week, lots of fun and great exposure:)

Jingle Poetry said...

all is welcome, my friend,

cheers.

love your input,
will read you as soon as possible.

kirti said...

hello everyone.. im new to potluck... :) :) i cant find the linking icon... i dunno why so is it ok if i post my poem's link here?? i dont think this poem matches the topic EXACTLY but this is one of my old ones and i hope that is ok... thanks to all... this blog is verrry exciting!!

kirti said...

hello everyone.. im new to potluck... :) :) i cant find the linking icon... i dunno why so is it ok if i post my poem's link here?? i dont think this poem matches the topic EXACTLY but this is one of my old ones and i hope that is ok... thanks to all... this blog is verrry exciting!!

Rosie@travel-i-tales said...

Hi Jingle,I've added my link, but it is not visible. I'm No. 170, and that appears in the page for 'trouble linkin in?"
Wow, the number of poets here is increasing by the week.
Rosie@travel-i-tales

Jingle Poetry said...

welcome,

Kirti and Rosie...

I can see your links, hope that it works for you now.

it takes a few seconds to make it work.
you need to click on the post title to see you link after you submit your entry.

HAPPY pOTLUCK!

Seek The Sun said...

This is my first poetry potluck and I'm looking forward to many more. I'm still getting used to blogging and computers but I'm excited to be here to share one of my greatest passions.
My blog is http://mementomorisun.blogspot.com

Seek The Sun said...

Sorry! Here is the link to my entry poem http://mementomorisun.blogspot.com/2011/06/meditation.html
Happy Potluck!

Dave King said...

A late-comer to the party, I'm afraid, but glad to be there.

Jingle said...

welcome, seek the sun.

Happy Potluck.

blitzken said...

A bit of a last minute entry for me this time, but one from the depths of my heart.

Dave King said...

Chancing my arm this week with another one. Hope it meets the criteria...