Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK - Void, Loneliness and Sorrow

It's Monday already! Feeling LONELY and blue?? Join the POTLUCK band!!



We (Olivia and Kavita) delightedly welcome you again to Poetry Potluck... This week, we (poetically) sink into that feared world of "Void, Loneliness and Sorrow".... Don't be too sad though..  Just join us..and fight this fear together!!

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! Whheewww...enough of sadness already!! Come above it, and live life with and like "Saints, Monks and Meditation"!! That's next week ofcourse! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!


video

"Black"
---------------------
(by Ghosterb)
Black, 
Lord I never realized
There were so many shades of…
Black.

Blacker,
The ebony darkness…all around me,
I’m trying not to drown.
Lost…
Lonely, 
drawn ever deeper.
Oh Lord, it’s so dark...
 I just can’t see!

Blackness, 
Coming down all around me,
Smothering me…drowning me.
Drawing the life right out of me…
And yet…
I’m still holding on.

Hope,
The blackness…fading to gray
Lord I swear it’s getting brighter, better.
God…
what’s coming over me?

Colors,
Rainbows of colors, bringing a smile to my face.
Life…so precious and dear,
And you…
ever so near.
Calling me…urging me on…believing in…
Me.

Your light,
Bringing me back…
To a life, I suddenly love.
Your words, your actions, your love,
Bring meaning…a will to move on.
I want to live,
All because of…
you!


"It Was You"
------------------
(by Ghosterb)
A cold, bitter wind
Blows through the dark caverns of my mind.
Whispering a slow mournful, dirge
That saddens my soul and darkens my heart.
A maelstrom of emotions pummels me mercilessly.
I’m in an angry sea of depression
Trying desperately to keep my head above water.
Not really sure whether I can hold on.
Thinking…that just maybe…
That this is the end.
But then…
Out of the chaos,
A voice is heard.
A voice full of hope and encouragement.

Soon…
 The cold, bitter wind
Turns into a soft summers breeze.
As I follow this voice,
The darkness of my mind
Changes into a lush, peaceful valley.
Long, green grasses are riffled by the breeze
Bringing a long needed calmness…
Over me.
And then the glorious voice…
Grows louder.
It immediately thrills and gladdens my troubled soul
And excites my lonely heart.
Who, you ask, was it
That brought light to the darkness?
That eased my troubled mind?
Why it was you my friend…
Yes…it was you!
***
Thank you, dear Bruce, for your stunningly moving and beautiful poems... we are thoroughly honored to have you here... 




34 comments:

bendedspoon said...

From darkness to light -- wondrous poem! Bright and blessed day to everyone! :)

Jingle said...

Happy Potluck...

Thanks for sharing.
Happy Father's DAy!

Andy said...

Hello all.

Beautiful poems from Bruce.
Love always prevails.

The video/music rocks. I wouldn't want to be the one sitting on that cliff edge though!

Happy Potluck and have a great week ahead!

Andy McDonald said...

Hi all. Look forward to reading some more great poetry.

Quick shout out for Maffick Monday starting today http://maffickmonday.blogspot.com/2011/06/maffick-monday-1.html

teric said...

Happy Potluck!

I found an older post that fits the theme so I used it.

bsain said...

Happy to be participating in the potluck this week.
Looking forward to many great poems!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Here's my Generous Limerick. (It also serves as a Limerick-Off prompt.)

Rachel Hoyt said...

This rhyme is the closest I have to the theme... A Letter to Saint Valentine

Devilzangel said...

well my entry isnt really loneliness n not literally sorrow :p but nonetheless it kinda fits in2 d theme in sum way o d oder, hence posted it here :D.

Vinod Narayan said...

Posted a relevant poem about Dad, It reflects a void that I try filling with words, knowing that it will not fill :)

wanderer said...

posted my entry, and dipped it into nostalgia, involving a bit of my father and me along the lines. Hope, you all will like it. :)

regards,
Shreya

Musings of a Wanderer

Orange said...

Posted my entry:) kinda indirectly related...

Happy Potlucking to all!

MrWatson215 said...

My 3rd entry is totally off subject! But it's one of my most recent... I hope you guys enjoy!

http://mrwatson215.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/the-night-u-and-i-fell-in-love/

Happy Potluck

Antimony said...

My entry is an old poem, but I think it fits the theme well!

Look forward to reading some wonderful poetry.

A x

Rek said...

Both are beautiful but loved the second one....very expressive.

Emmanuel Ibok said...

Happy Father's day to the good people here. Bless your effort. My regards!

Rinkly Rimes said...

http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2011/06/unavoidable.html

This one made me feel rather melancholy. Maybe the monks will cheer me up!

PsycheBubbles said...

Wrote a piece on some mixed emotions a while back. Hope you all like it. Linked it in! :D

Lovely entries so far! :)))

The Girl In The Corner said...

This week was very easy for me as everything I have been writing lately has been sad because recently my boyfriend of over a year broke up with me...

So enjoy my melancholy! lol... :)

amazingmetamorphosis said...

Glad to be part of this supportive community of beautiful souls. Linked mine in, now looking forward to immerse myself in your wonderful thoughts :)

Luv,
Misz

kez said...

An oldie but fits the remit looking forward to catching up with all the great poets and reading their contributions x

Eclipse said...

Thank you for the beautiful poems!Nice to participate, as always....

Old Raven said...

I enjoyed these two poems ... thank you. I found this last night and thought that I would write a Haiku about "the void." I guess that it went on and on. However, I could not find you again to publish it until now.

Christina said...

Hope you enjoy

Ginny said...

A subject I have written about a few times! I am sharing two poems with Poetry Potluck that I though were appropriate. One is fairly new, an Ottava Rima, about being on the edge of a void and trying not to fall. The other was written quite some time ago about feeling alone. Appreciate the opportunity to share. Happy Potluck!

Jingle Poetry said...

welcome,

Thanks for the generosity.
Happy Potluck!

:)

Fred said...

Great topic this week. Have read a ton so far and each week amazes me more than the week before. So many good poets out there. So glad to have the opportunity to have my work in the same forum. thanks everyone:)

zenmirror said...

Wonderful poem...and great to see so many other great writers in one place!

Victoria said...

I very much enjoyed these poems...especially the first where color was used to effectively to portray emotion.

Henry Clemmons said...

I don't know, can I write a sad n lonely poem ...

haikulovesongs said...

stunning poems, Bruce. i love how they go from despair to joy.

i don't have the distance and perspective to judge if my "tortured love" poems are decent poetry or just self-indulgent.

dani

Marbles in My Pocket said...

I posted a poem on the Potluck yesterday, but don't see it now. Did it get pulled for some reason? Am posting another one now, "A Striking Example". Not that sorrowful, but it was when it happened!
Charles L. Mashburn
Marbles in My Pocket

Wellspring Of The Soul said...

Lovely musings!! So much richness and imagery, metaphorical language. Blessings to all.

Anonymous said...

Jingle, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find where to "add my link" on the Poetry Potluck page. SO, here's my link, I really want to participate!!
http://benjity.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/the-lie-this-is-all-there-is/