Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK- Inspired by a Song

Melodious Monday!!! Time for our Potluck!!!


We (Olivia and Kavita) welcome you all to a musical week of Poetry Potluck... This week, get "Inspired by a song"!! Think of a song that has prompted you in one way or the other.. be it its music, its lyrics, its tune...whatever! And then poem it here!!... So come on... sing it along.. and ENJOY!!

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! Fun times eh?! Sweet!! Now.. have you ever had those fun times disrupted by a mean boss who believes themself to be the ruler of the jungle, or an annoying class monitor who simply HAS TO have their way?! Did I hear a YES?! Well well.. write about such an experience/person in "Dictatorship, Autocracy, and Despotism"! BUT... save it for next week! That way, you will have one entire week to prepare your poem for this peskily cool theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us... cuz we ain't despots, ya know?! :)

Now LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video


"Ewer-ing desire"
--------------------------
(by Olivia)



***
Thank you, dearest Livvy, for this superbly beautiful and creative poem... It's so easy to sing it with "Few of my beautiful things" from Sound of Music!! Wowwiieezz!! 



39 comments:

David Allen Waters said...

a wonderful poem :)

Blaga said...

Ladies, Happy Potluck! Loving the sounds of your music Kavita and Olivia!

Jingle said...

the poem is very beautiful.
love the creativity in color and format.

Happy Potluck!

thingy said...

Oops, forgot the theme. Happy Potluck. : )

Craig Watson said...

Beautiful Poem....

marousia said...

Lovely theme this week :) Looking forward to reading people's poems today

Andy said...

Hello all.

Thanks to Jingle Poetry, especially Olivia & Kavita, for hosting this week.

Great job Olivia for rising from the depths and reclaiming your life. Keep on moving up & forward!

Nice images in the video & the music rocks (no pun intended)!

Have a great Potluck all!

lynnaima said...

I dig it Olivia, particularly the sentiments :) Happy potluck everyone!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Great job, as always.

This has nothing to do with song or music ... even though I worked as a musician for years. :)

Instead, my latest limerick serves as a Limerick-Off challenge: Gourmet Limerick

lunawitch15 said...

thank you again guys, I adore and hate this theme. lol It is awesome and everyone's poems kick butt!
:)

Luna

Victoria said...

Thank you for sharing a lovely poem and for offering a very fun theme. Makes me want to write a bunch of them. In the meantime I'm looking forward to reading yours.

Rek said...

Lovely one....looking forward to reading some awesome inspired poetry. Have a good week ahead.

alivealways said...

Excellent theme and beautiful poem to commemorate the exhibition.

I listen to music and lyrics work like charm, a hearing aid to day's work. Looking forward for everyone's inspirations, I wish to find new songs.
Cheers :-)

Luke Prater said...

Back again... both new... look forward to reading some of your lovely poetry

Warmest Salad to all

Luke @ WordSalad

amazingmetamorphosis said...

Have always been inspired by music...I love the theme!
I am enjoying the songs as much as I am loving the poems!

Anurag said...

Ah ! I have posted in a entry after a gap of 5 months, it feels great to be a part of potluck again.

Reggie said...

Great poem to kick start this. I'm in and almost on theme.

Tino said...

Please be aware that I cannot comment on a lot of Blogspot posts, even though I have an account with them. I have no idea why that is, it just IS!
Bummer as its usually ones I really like that I wish to comment on but can't.
C'est la vie.

So please, if I dont leave you a comment, don't think ill of me ;-)

daydreamertoo.com said...

Great music and equally as good prose to go with it. Music really can take us to other places eh!
Lovely!

Devilzangel said...

aah amazinnnnn theme :D i so waned 2 pen a fresh poem 4 dis theme, but dont hv much time so postin an old 1 :( hopefully b4 time runs out i can pen a new poem exclusively on dis theme :D

Fred said...

This first piece, On the Lamb: Art reassembled, is an epic inspired by one of my favorite bands, Lamb of God. I wrote this sometime shortly after the new year and posted it in February.

For clarities sake, italics are narratives, Center, in quotations is one warrior, non-italics, non-quotations to aligned to the left is the second warrior. All bolded words are song titles. In some cases I broke a title to fit the line, but in such cases it should be clear.

I'm glad to share here on the musical potluck,hope you enjoy

Fred said...

The second piece I've linked is another older piece called An Attack By Dwarves. This is the first of 11 volumes and 2 songs(odes). I'm a huge fanatic of mythology, norse in particular. These tales use pieces from a variety of mythological systems. This particular piece, which started the saga was inspired while listening to Amon Amarth, a swedish melodic viking metal band, and one of my favorites. If you like the piece and wish to see how the saga unfolds mythic is tagged to all the tales. Thanks again.

Fred said...

My third and final piece this week is a song I wrote last week, but probably works better as a poem.

Thanks again, now the fun begins, I get to go read others work:)

beccagivens said...

Happy Rally -- Happy Week, everyone!

teric said...

This is a beautiful piece of poetry.

Mine are potluck this week.

halfwaybetweenthegutter said...

Love the theme :)

halfwaybetweenthegutter said...

Love the theme :)

tasithoughts said...

Hi!

Been gone for the past couple of weeks to attend my son's wedding and starting a new business. Back to my poetry now and starting back with this potluck entry.

Great poem by the way. Happy potluck.

JP

tasithoughts said...

Hi!

Been gone for the past couple of weeks to attend my son's wedding and starting a new business. Back to my poetry now and starting back with this potluck entry.

Great poem by the way. Happy potluck.

JP

Jingle said...

Hello:

I will be on short vacation from today until Friday.

Will visit you all by Saturday night.

Cheers.

Keep your talent coming.

brokenpenwriter said...

Nice theme and poem to inspire us - thanks Jingle! Looking forward to having a good read now.

Someone is Special said...

That was awesome song.. Hmm.. Here is mine Somebody's Me

Someone is Special

Kay said...

A very powerful poem about breaking free. I loved it. Thank you!

Kay said...

I've really enjoyed reading the poems during this potluck. I tried to comment @ Jazz's site and there was a glitch where I was unable to. However, I really liked the poem there. It's amazing, everything I've read has been remarkable. There are so many talented writers here and I am very proud to be a part of this community. Blessings!

Old Raven said...

Well, ought - oh, I am way late this week. Song = The Eyes Have It. I am so grateful to this wonderful community and it's leaders!

Tigerbrite said...

I don't know why but I nearly missed this week's Potluck. I am posting an old poem, but it is on theme for those who have not seen it before.
Thanks to all.

li said...

Great poem - it's an entire story in itself!
Things have been hectic, I haven't written much, but some things published and 2 stories still under consideration. My link is to some haiku published by the online journal Black Dahlia - how cool is that? And I thank all of the poets here, because you encouraged me to try something new - poetry - when I thought I couldn't do it. <3

kez said...

really late submission seems to be my story of the week ....hope everyone enjoys ...thank you

120 Socks said...

Just started following you on Twitter. Follow back if you wish. Hope to post poem tomorrow for Poetry Potluck!