Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK- Dictatorship, Autocracy, and Despotism

Tedious Monday??!!! Never mind... it's the day of Poetry Potluck!!! Yaaayyyy..


We (Olivia and Kavita) welcome you all to a tyrannical week of Poetry Potluck... This week, it's all about "Dictatorship, Autocracy, and Despotism"!! Some boss being bothering you? Well.. just write about the here, link in your poem, and just cool it off .. :) 

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! Tired of the boss's-rule already, and feeling real empty now? Alright alright... let go of it all in "Void, Loneliness and Sorrow" BUT... save it for next week! That way, you will have one entire week to prepare your poem for the theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us... It's all good.. 

Now LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video

" 'Politeness' for dummies"
--------------------------------------------
(by Kavita)

When you came to me
Asking if I could aid
I felt a sense of pride
That in me you saw an aide
And with no second thought
I jumped in on your blade

When I followed rules
That were made to terrorize
I kept saying to myself
It's only to harmonize
Not once did I suspect
Your intent to dramatize

When I cleaned the mess
That you had left behind
I sure did not expect
For you to pay in kind
Neither did I have
Your 'thank you' in my mind

But when I offer you
A piece of my advice
You may like it; you may not
That's a roll of dice
But assume some good manners
And just be a little nice
***
" Puppet Show"
--------------------------
(by Olivia)

I am a puppet,
Alas! Only a doll..
To please me enough,
My fave color et al.
Woven along are the forced dictates,
“Do it my way or go to..” she yells!

She swishes her wand,
Subliming the crowd.
Making them swoon,
So they sing aloud..
She pulls our strings to make us smile,
We move enslaved; showing ourselves proud!

She orders around-
In Queen’s language.
Declaring in vain:
Her cursed adage..
I wince praying for just one escape;
‘coz seems I am trapped forever in her cage!
***








What can I say? Haven't we all felt a little bit of this some time at least? ;-)


41 comments:

JamieDedes said...

What a darling post, Kavita and Olivia. Thank you!

You are fab. Hugs!

Luke Prater said...

Hi all - thanks Kavs and Olivia and great poems there... look fwd to reading some more...

cheers

Luke

alivealways said...

This is quite a theme, and great poems by Kavita and Olivia, you two rock.
My poem is on current political and social turmoil in India, a social awakening, whether India is a Banana republic or not?
The question has flashed on popular English news channel of the country, I am trying to express my views, click to read.

thingy said...

You guys do rock!

Mine is about political weiners. Could be under despot. On his own Island of Arrogance.

Thoughts Not Lost said...

Just had a fun time writing my Potluck for this week, it's tongue in cheek, hope y'all will enjoy:

http://thoughtsnotlost.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/outlast/

Jingle Poetry said...

It seems like a crowded party today.

could not get online in time,
but here, Happy Potluck!

have fun!

Andy said...

Hello everyone!
Looks like the party's already in full swing!

Thanks Kavita & Olivia for the poems.

Being a man of romance & love, this was a tough one this week.

Can't wait to read the other offerings.

Have a happy week ahead all!

lynnaima said...

Nice work ladies on the poems :)
happy to join in once more. Have a good week!

Christina said...

Thanks for the oppertunity! The newbie casts her hat into the ring. Can't wait for next week. Most of my poems are about lonliness and loss ... just a matter of which is the best one! Thanks again!

Wellspring Of The Soul said...

It remains a mystery to me why anyone has to be the boss. I feel strongly only love and compassion will prevail, thus, a better world...let us all strive not for perfection as some would have it, but for a new world of brotherly and sisterly love, peace, compassion always, always advocating to speak kindly and if we must judge, then judge gently....but, allow us the privilege of loving each as our own. Peace to all and stay creative!

Rinkly Rimes said...

http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2011/06/position-vacant.html

I enjoyed your poems. I hope you don't find mine too lighthearted!

Reflections said...

Definitely an interesting topic, yet quite the challenge to post.

Butterflies of time said...

Sharing an old poem written in february 2011. " The silent half" --somehow it relates to the theme.
http://harivarasanam.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/the-silent-half/

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Good ones, Kavita and Olivia! Here's my latest limerick, which also serves as a Limerick-Off challenge:

A Limerick With Clout

CC Champagne said...

First smile of the morning, and on such a somber theme very unexpected! Thank you both!

Devilzangel said...

posting an old poem coz of lack of time but still luv participatin here :D

http://collected-cryptics.blogspot.com/2010/09/absolute-tyranny.html

Dasuntoucha said...

Love and miss the community of Jingle Poetry...I wish there were 8 days in the week so I could devote one solely to reading and writing poetry but since there isn't I'll have to indulge when I can...ONE:: (^_^)

inaweblogisback said...

Good luck with the potluck! My entry is not on theme, although you could say love is a dictator in its own way? :) Ina

Piyush Ranjan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
romanticpiyush said...

Why is it showing a little red cross above my post? Is any other registration required too?

kez said...

wow actually made on time this week ...hope everyone enjoys look forward to reading others take on the subject

Harshika said...

only both of you could think so differently!!

lovely :)

PsycheBubbles said...

Very interesting topic, let me see if i can come up with something on this, meanwhile here is the latest poem i penned -

http://psychebubbles.blogspot.com/2011/05/windows.html

Cheers! :)

Ken said...

this is my first poetry submission from my blog of Irish/american poetry..I look forward to participating

Ravenblack said...

Added mine. Gonna go read some of the ones of the list now. :)

Fred said...

Added mine. First two are a couple recent pieces I wanted to share, the third piece I wrote especially for Poetry Potluck based on the Dictatorship theme. Hope all enjoy. Time to go read some others work now:)

120 Socks said...

Having a mad monday, so won't get chance to post poem - hopefully next monday! Following you now on twitter, follow back if you wish.

Rachel Hoyt said...

If I was dictator, I would say... we should definitely all try to Be More Gay... in the happy, non-sexual way. :)

James Rainsford said...

An extremely important subject area this week. My contribution is at
http://bit.ly/dxEjiG. Kind regards to all at Jingle Poetry, James.

halfwaybetweenthegutter said...

Found it a bit difficult to read/comment over the past week due to tiredness, but hopefully this week's potluck will spur me on :)

My poem can be found at http://halfwaybetweenthegutter.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/untitled-poem/

Decided to leave it untitled for the blog, as the real title is possibly a bit too raw for some to deal with. It's sort of fitting with the subject, in an obscure way.

Olive said...

Thank you, Jingle Poetry. I finally decided to join. My only reservation for not joining right away is that I have a limited time this week to be able to visit other blogs. I will try my best to do so, especially those who visit me, but I can’t promise much. I appreciate your invitation and encouragement, though. It’s the reason why I keep writing. Thank you again. Happy Tuesday and a wonderful week for you too. XOXO. I also love the two poems you have here. I'm happy to be here as part of this group.

Judith C Evans said...

Great prompt and great poems from Kavita and Olivia. Mine's a haiku this week. Glad to be here!

Strummed Words said...

Thanks for the reminder/invite to be here. My poem can certainly relate to despots, unreasonable bosses, etc.

Strummed Words

Laurie Kolp said...

Thanks for your continous encouragement and poetry prompts.

haikulovesongs said...

thank you again for the kind review!
dani ♥

planetcyberluz said...

Sorry Jingle I posted the wrong poem. The one I wrote for you I seem to have lost from the screen. Hope to be back with it.

Rek said...

Both the poems beautiful in their own way...enjoyed them.

Alicia said...

Poetry Potluck! I love that. Looking forward to trying out the prompts. They sound great.

the critics said...

here is my link

http://thealchemycritics.blogspot.com/2011/06/lifes-simple-realities-system-of.html

.....poetry potluck is awesome the three words are fantastic....thanks to jingle and others for the efforts they take....

mine is not directly related to the words could be taken under autocracy...will write in relevance and post the link soon

JH_Poetry said...

hm, seems as tho Jingle closed up shop. However if you visit thegapingsky.blogspot.com I shared
a piece titled "The Protagonist" Cheers, JH :)

Anonymous said...

Does this site have a page on Facebook?
My blog is about [url=http://www.homeremediesforacnetreatments.com]what causes acne[/url]