Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Poem of the Week

Hello,

This is Luna with the honor of bringing to you this week’s Poem of the Week.
But first I wanted to say a special thank you to Uma for covering for me
While I was in the hospital last week. Thank you so very much!

Now back to this week and the wonderful poem I discovered based off of this week’s theme, Void, Loneliness and Sorrow. 

Now this Poem only speaks of one, but the feeling you get upon reading it makes you, well makes me experience all. And it is my hope that you will as well.

The title is called Heartbreak and it is by Ben burr.

Heartbreak
The soft emptiness
of this damn room
rages like a midnight
freight train ripping
through a dead
Tennessee darkness.
a minimalist cricket
plays the soundtrack
to this loneliness,
the same song repeats
as the same thought repeats
and I am left here
with fewer shreds of my soul.

I hope you enjoyed this Poem, and you can find more of his poetry
Stay tuned for this coming week when we deal with "Saints, Monks and Meditation" Remember Posting starts Sunday night at 8 (CDT) and you have 72 hours to post for this week. Awesome right?  So get your posts in and remember
To read others and we here at jingle will be seeing you soon.
This is Luna from Luna’s world and you can find me at http://lunawitch15.com/


9 comments:

Jingle Poetry said...

totally agreed,

the imagery is superb,

Cheers.

Celestial Dreamz said...

loved the poem. thanks for sharing.

@Luna, hope you are fit and fine. God bless.

Reflections said...

Excellent choice. This poem nails the essence of the topic. Superbly written and shared.

The Unknowngnome said...

A great selection and Ben has more quality writings at his site. Check him out.

Kerrie said...

What a great site! A fellow poet, Kerrie

Fiducia said...

Tale through rhymes..
What a masterpiece..amazing reference! Enjoyed it..Thanks Luna..hope you keeping well now..

Raining Iguanas said...

Perfect choice. Thank you Luna. Guess where I'm headed?

crowingcrone said...

tremendous power in those words. Excellent choice and well deserved.

lunawitch15 said...

everyone here are wonderful poets. :)
@ Raining: Where?