Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dictatorship, Autocracy, and Despotism depicted on the Irreconcilable

Welcome to Saturday Poem of the week !!.Our Monday prompt ""DictatorshipAutocracy, andDespotism"!!  " had brought many wonderful submissions from many creative writers in Jingle Poetry .I loved how you people have portrayed your bosses and some  were even hilarious to read . Hmm..now out of many inputs, I have selected Irreconcilable  by Tales from the Sea

About the Poem :
The poem is so strong and has an insightful end.I loved the way of how the author's  anger has been portrayed in just few lines in her poem.Just read and tell your thoughts.Enjoy!!


I would never play by the rules
When power is so completely wrong
Your prosy prepotency crushed at my feet
Firmly tall I stood against what you represent
I can’t endure you any more, tyranny of the senses
And if by chance you perceived another oblivious tear
It’s not because I fragilely stumbled from unrestrained fear
Untouchable I was, untouchable I am, untouchable I shall remain

-author Seabell

About Me:

I am Umamaheswari Anandane ( Iwrite4u) ,the owner of Inside My Poem Book and Perpetual Mind , feels honored to be a part of the Jingle poetry with the work of selecting poems of the week in accordance with the week's themes .

Cheers!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND !!
Hope to see you all on Monday's Poetry Potluck :)

by
Umamaheswari Anandane (http://umaspoembook.blogspot.com/)  


5 comments:

Jingle said...

oh, my,
another lovely poem,

Glad that both of you worked through the list and find one to share here.

Happy Saturday,Uma.

Andy said...

Great choice, Uma.
I especially like the ending of the poem.

Victoria said...

Double feature this week! :0) I loved this poem...almost wrote it up as well. Congrats, Seabell.

Christina said...

Very powerful. Lovely

seabell said...

Discovering Uma's selection after a short absence was quite a surprise... I truly appreciate it! And I also thank Jingle, Victoria, Christina and Andy. Being a little busy for a couple of months from now on, I'll keep posting on Poetry Potluck and doing my best to deserve your recognition. All :) Seabell