Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK- Doubts, Fear, Inhibitions and Hesitations

Settle down, folks... It's Monday already! So it's POTLUCK time!! Yaayyy...



We (Olivia and Kavita) delightedly welcome you again to Poetry Potluck... This week we are up with "Doubts, Fears, Inhibitions and Hesitations"... brrrr.... Come on, will ya? Join us..and fight this fear together!!

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! Whheewww...having fought our inhibitions, let's go out and enjoy some "Color, Spring and Rainbow"!! Let's celebrate Spring..!! That's next week ofcourse! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video


"Shackled"
--------------------------
(by Sam/Cerca Trova)
I may
Yet I don't
I can
Yet I won't
Is it
Fear of change
That holds me back
Or faith in the future
That I lack
Is it
My haunting Doubts
Shadows of failures
I drag along
From the past
Is it
My own Inhibitions
The inner "No"
That halts me
From taking Decisions
Is it
The darkened road ahead
An unknown destination
A journey
Without an end
If only
I could know
I Want
To let go
I long to break free
Be able to flee
These towering walls
Of my imprisoning
Hesitations.
***
Thank you, Sam, for your contribution poem... we are so honored!!



39 comments:

thingy said...

Terrific poem, Sam.

Hope said...

what a lovely poem!
thank you!

Jingle said...

lovely word play, Sam.

Happy Potluck!

Andy said...

Very nice poem, Sam.

Some of those images in the video are pretty freaky!

Have a great week all.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I refuse to be inhibited when it comes to bad dancing: Couple On The Move.

Andy said...

Forgive me, but I just realized my entry at #23 isn't quite in line with the theme.

Jillien said...

amazing poem. I can totally relate to your words. Thanks for sharing!

JM

Jingle Poetry said...

Andy,

I have trouble commenting for blogger accounts which requires word verification,

I tried to comment for you, but it does not get through, could you please remove that feature!

We welcome all poetry, feel free to share any poems,

Thanks for the attention,

You Rock!

RG Pyper said...

Oh, cool! Let's do it! :D

Jingle Poetry said...

Welcome,

RG Pyer!

liv2write2day said...

Sam gives us much to think about, as always. Victoria

Butterflies of time said...

Lovely poem Sam! Happy pot luck to all.Here is mine
http://harivarasanam.wordpress.com/2010/12/07/the-struggle/

James Rainsford said...

A very thought provoking poem Sam.
Hope everyone enjoys Pot Luck this week. My effort is not exactly 'on-topic' but I hope people enjoy it nonetheless.

http://thesanctumofsanity.blogspot.com

Kind regards to all at Jingle Poetry, James.

EBENEZER ADOKWEI said...

You gifted with words my friend.This creativity.Good work.Meanwhile plz do pass by my page,read,follow and comment my blogsto aid me improve my works too.Have a lovely day.
EBENEZER.

Rachel Hoyt said...

Mine doesn't exactly fit the theme, but I'm doubtful of my feelings about the article the poem is based on... :)

http://rhymemeasmile.blogspot.com/2011/04/uniquer-discount-goings-on.html

kez said...

thanks for the opportunity ...looking forward to reading others take on the theme !

trisha said...

the poem captures the theme perfectly, and above it its a very beautiful poem.

Bekkie In Wonderland said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my poem I wrote for Magpie Tales. I really enjoy poems even tho on my blogspot I write about anything that catches my fancy. I just love writing and that's all there is to it! I'm trying to write my first book but it's not easy and takes a lot of time! You have quite a website going on here I like it! Great job! Have a good week! ♥

Jingle said...

Hello,

Happy May!

Will visit all of you within a few hours.

Got my hands full this morning...

Jingle said...

Bekkie in Wonerland:

welcome sharing a random poem with us.

keep writing/working on your book,

one page a day, simply put something down, you will get there.

Blessings.

Reflections said...

I've been having difficulty with my online service since the time of last nights breaking news.... busy lines I guess. Anyway, finally here is my post for this weeks Potluck. Hope you all enjoy.

lynnaima said...

Nice one Sam!! :)
Happy potluck everyone!

aynsley7 said...

Your poem was a great way to start potluck!Thanks Sam!


I'm done with my comments... but I wasn't sure where to confirm that...

li said...

I'll be honest - the A to Z Challenge has worn me out. So this time around, instead of something fresh, afraid I'll have to post an oldie - but it's one I actually like! Hope you do too. Looking forward to reading some new blogs in the next day or so.

C Rose said...

Wonderful poem Sam, and so many others that I have read tonight. Look forward to more! ~ Rose

The Fool said...

Nice theme. Managed to find time to complete my poem, Will visit some of the other poems soon. My poem can be found here.

http://luciferhouseinc.blogspot.com/2011/05/inhibition.html

Nadira Cotticollan said...

Thank you so much for this link. It is such a nice experieince to read and enjoy poetry and just try a few lines of one's own as well. :-)

Dave King said...

The image is a cracker, the poem like unto it. I, as usual, am late into the fray. Will try to make it.

Devilzangel said...

participatin 4 d 1st time here :D xcited :p.

Di said...

Is a good poem... it's sad that it takes half a life time to get over all these hangups!

eclipseofthemoon said...

Great poem by Sam!
Thank you for sharing
Happy writing everyone

sam said...

Thank you all for your kind comments, I was honoured to contribute with a poem to this week's potluck theme.I will start visitng you all from tonight, been typing with extreme difficulty due to fractured thumb...:-)
Happy May to you all...

Antimony said...

Beautiful poem.

Participating for the first time :) Look forward to reading everyone else's work!

A x

haikulovesongs said...

an amazing poem!

"my imprisoning
Hesitations"

that says it all. wonderful writing!

The Reason You Come said...

To those who are on Wordpress, I think my comments are going in your Spam folder. I have no idea why. I'm working my way through some of the entries here, and I've noticed that my comments disappear. "Comment awaiting moderation" doesn't appear either.

M. A. S. said...

Not really a new poem, but this one kind of fits the prompt. Thanks, JP, for a place to share it.

Jingle said...

The Reason You Come, sorry for what happened.

this happens to many of us at times,

you may try to use a new email ...

Jennie said...

I missed the official deadline, but if you want to read anyway, mine for the week is here.

JL Dodge said...

Hey Jingle, Want to thank you for the invite, I have been so busy lately that I forgot the deadline... I will try to keep it in mind for the next one !!
JL&B