Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK- Color, Spring and Rainbow

Ah! A Springy Monday POTLUCK !! What more do we need!!!


We (Olivia and Kavita) delightedly welcome you again to yet another colorful Poetry Potluck... This week we are all jazzed up with "Color, Spring and Rainbow"... Yaaayyy.... Come on!! Hop on this fun ride, will ya? Let's all enjoy this together!

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! Whheewww...after that WOW time with all those shades and colors, let's enter a world of royalty, with "Fortresses, Castles, Palaces and Royal houses"!! That's next week ofcourse! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video


"SPRING COLORS & RAINBOWS"
--------------------------
(by Luna/Mia)


I look out my window because I hear a sound
Oh how lovely, rain is coming down!
I put down my book
And run outside.
I stand on a boulde
And let the rain fall on my shoulders.

A few days later
As I go outside
I see a splash of color
From the corner of my eye.

I turn to look
And to my surprise

Green shoots are sprouting
They are starting to show
Everywhere, things are starting to grow.
And then I know.

Spring is here.

Strike up the music!
Light the bonfire
It’s time to celebrate
All the spring flowers!

Blue and red
With orange thrown in
I even see yellow poking in

I hop in my car, pop it into gear.
To go look about, with sudden spring cheer
Storm clouds are coming
I start to see
Yey! More spring colors! I think with glee.

I pull off unto the shoulder
Of the side of the road.
And right on cue
A rainbow
Pops suddenly into view.

And as I look to see where it ends
I start to laugh, and then I grin.
For look and see
Just where my tale ends.

***
Thank you, dearest Mia, for this deliciously refreshing poem... it's really a treasure to have!!



23 comments:

Kavita said...

Colors, colors and more colors... and THAT can only mean a whole lotta fun!!

So, come on in.. share some poetic delights, and simply have an awesome time!! :)

Lots of love,
Kavita

Victoria said...

Lovely poem, Mia. Feels like spring! Happy potluck, everyone.

Jingle said...

Love colors,

well done Kavita and Luna..

have fun, GEM girls.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Well done. I fear I'm off topic, but ...

My latest limerick is Taking Stock, which also serves as a Limerick-Off challenge and contest. Thanks!

The Fool said...

Nice topic. Find my poem here.
http://luciferhouseinc.blogspot.com/2011/05/rainbow-end.html

The Fool said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beccagivens said...

Great topic - happy notes ... thank you for hosting!

Andy said...

Hello everyone.
Thanks to Olivia & Kavita.

Mia's poem evokes smiles and laughter. Thanks Luna/Mia.

I love the video & the beat rocks!

Have a great week all.

Butterflies of time said...

Lovely potluck everyone!Looking forward to reading your lovely poems on the wonderful theme!Mia's is so so nice!

Ankush Samant said...

Great collection of poems and a nice post on colours....

My blog link is :
http://wheneveridontgetbored.blogspot.com/

Here you can find my photography along with small verses and poems to go alongwith. Enjoy :)

deep said...

Thanks for such a wonderful prompt, I am sick and got very little energy or who wouldn't love to write about colors and rainbow. :) So, sharing an already written poem. Happy Potluck everyone!

bsain said...

Thank you so the little nudge that you give me that reminds me that poetry makes me feel alive.

Devilzangel said...

its fun 2 participate here :D. Happy luck every1 :D :p

http://collected-cryptics.blogspot.com/2010/05/resurrected-soul.html

Genebrother said...

Mother's Day is everyday!

http://genebrother.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/mother/

Tigerbrite said...

Thanks for the comments. I have been away so have not written anything new except the May Haiku. It does go someway to your theme. Best wishes.

Lolamouse said...

Happy Spring everyone! This one was written for my father's 75th birthday this month.
http://lolamousedroppings.blogspot.com/2011/05/cherry-blossoms-for-dad.html

haikulovesongs said...

a lovely poem and a lovely theme for this week! thank you!

tasithoughts said...

Great poem! Looking forward to potluck!

PsycheBubbles said...

Awesome collection of poems. Added my latest poem, not sure if that qualifies! :))

Rinkly Rimes said...

An offering from one of the upsidedown countries.

http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2011/05/thoughts-of-spring-in-autumn.html

alivealways said...

So many poems to read.
I enjoyed my stay and everyone in this community. You are great Jingle.

trisha said...

that was a splendid poem mia. just loved it.

trisha
http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com/2011/05/08/free-soul-8-5-11/

irisinbloom said...

So wanted to share early, but my internet was not working. Up and running now. Colors and nature go together so excited to read other's posts. Enjoy being a part of this community.
Iris