Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Meet The Poet Wednesday

Welcome to Meet The Poet Wednesday were each week we get to learn more about one of the poets / writers / bloggers who contribute to the Jingle Poetry community. This week we get to meet Luna!




Please tell us a little about yourself

I live in the southwest United States. I am Italian American by birth and adoption. I have two daughters one in College, one about to go.
I have mild brain damage with sheared nerves in my brain.
Last year I was told by docs that I wouldn’t see July, but I am about to celebrate my birthday and I’m kicking butt. So they were wrong. Ha Ha.
And if you want to know more, please go to my blog, I also just recently updated my “About Me” page.

Tell me about your blog(s), about the name and what it means to you? 
 
My Blog is titled, “Luna’s world of beauty, hopes and dreams.” And it is meant to inspire, encourage, give hope and help others know they are not alone in feeling what they are feeling or have felt in the past. It is here, Http://lunawitch15.wordpress.com/
I also have a group with page on Facebook for poets to congregate, encourage and chat.

When did you start blogging?


I really started to blog the beginning of February. I started one at the end of December, but I trashed it and started over. I just couldn’t bring the first one to come together.

Your first poem, do you remember it?
Yes I do.

Someday I’ll fly
Up to the sky
and soar like a leaf
Swallowed by the wind

I’ll dip and dive
And fly so high
That the eagle and I
will pass by.

Than like that leaf
I’ll float back down
And my feet
Will lightly
Touch
The ground.

I was ten when I wrote that.


Is there a style of writing you prefer?

Everything I write is taken from my life. Even the ones that don’t seem like it such as, “Riding alone in Camelot.”
That was taken from remembering what it was like to just hop bareback onto my horse and just ride. I would fall asleep on his back, and I would forget the world existed.

Since every poem I write comes from within, I try not to dictate my writing style, though most everything rhymes. I haven’t figured out why, so I just roll with it.

Do you write only poetry?


No, I have also written some articles on Cancer Resources, in my area, Adoption help for adoptees and adoptive parents, and on how not to lose your mind after losing part of it. That is on brain damage

Favorite poem you've written?

Well, it’s not exactly my favorite per say, but it is the one I am most proud of. It’s my Epic Lyrical poem titled, “Survivor” (Sharp little pencil actually gave me the title for it. Thank you!)
It is my life story. I wrote it because how is anyone going to know that they can make through
Whatever strife they are going through without knowing that someone has made it through hell and has survived?
It was incredibly hard to write, but I am glad that I did.

Inspirations! Where do you find them and what makes you comfortable writing?

The most personal of things are my inspirations, to help people believe, and to hope.
What makes me comfortable? Music playing. It helps me concentrate, and not stress too much
Due to the topics I write about.

Favorite books? Authors?


Wow, that would take a week I think, But the books I am currently addicted to are all the books by Laurell K Hamilton, The dead Witch walking series by Kim Harrison, The In death series by J.d.Robb. All Dean Koontz and I am also in love with Charles Dickens.

If you could live in a book, which one would that be?

Hmm, I think It’s a toss-up between, Little Women, and the dead witch walking series.


Being part of Jingle community, what are the benefits?

For me the number one benefit is no longer feeling so alone. I do not get out much,
And having so many wonderful poets to interact with is a real blessing to me.

Any advice for people who would like to write poetry?


I would say, just write! Eventually you will find your niche, and if you don’t? Make your own!
The point is to just write. The rest will follow.





12 comments:

lunawitch15 said...

Ooh!

Thank you Christopher! I am touched and honored!

:)

Jingle said...

Luna,


what a strong woman you are, I admire you for your talent and success...

blessings.

Elegant post, Christopher..


xox

thingy said...

You are awesome, Luna.

Butterflies of time said...

You are such a brave example to many and this blog is a testimony that you continue to touch many lives with your inspiring words. I am honoured to be associated with you and so much happy to know a bit more of you in your own words through this meeting. God bless.Thanks Christopher.

Eric 'Bubba' Alder said...

Lovely Luna was one of the first bloggers I encountered when I started my blog. Always a delight to read. I'm glad she's being featured this week, so others may discover her talents.

UmaAnandane said...

Brave women...happy to know about you

Gloria said...

I enjoyed reading the interview and learning more about this very special lady. Luna, when I read the question about which book would live in, the first thought that popped into my mind was Little Women! I was so surprised to see you included that in your answer! I am glad to meet you, and I will be visiting your blog as a result of this interview. :)

Timoteo said...

Luna, you are an inspiration. And OH, THOSE EYES!

Jannie Funster said...

A leaf swallowed by the wind, how beautiful is that?

Luna -- another wonderful poet who makes the web go 'round.

Thanks for sharing this lovely lady, Jingle!!

And your site is absolutely lovely on the eyes and heart.

xo

Andy said...

Lovely interview, Luna.
I agree with you about finding one's niche and write, write, write.

Thanks Jingle Poetry for these features. It's always nice to "see" who's behind the pen.

bendedspoon said...

Thank you for featuring Luna. I have a deep respect for this woman.

I love your first poem Luna and you wrote it when you were ten? Hmmm I'll grow old and not be able to write one as lovely at that! :)

Victoria said...

Enjoyed this so much. Luna, you are an inspiration.