Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Poetry Potluck Week 36-Sketches, Images, and Impressions

Bless Monday!!! Whewww... for it gets us to another Potluck!!!


We (Olivia and Kavita) give you a warm welcome to yet another week of Poetry Potluck... This time we'll immerse ourselves in the world of "Sketches, Images and Impressions"... So come on in... and enjoy!!

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! Whew!! After some heavy duty artful indulgence, let's ponder over nature's  thunderous fury with  "Thunderstorms, Floods and Water fury". Whewww!!! Scary, huh? Let's save that for next week though! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

Now LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video

"Sketchbook Creation ~ The Tree of Life"
--------------------------
(by Kim Nelson)

Let’s
Ponder
The Notion
Of The Great Creation…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you think that existence began this way?
With God making sketches in books?
Did She sit up above, in a heav’nly café,slef
And plan out uniqueness’s? Nooks?
Were patterns determined or did they emerge
As She played with ideas flowing fast?
Did it all come together, in an energy surge?
And were we, in Her likeness, really last?
Or did she plan us first, then conjure the rest
So that we would adore and obey?
Then wait ‘til the universe looked its best
Before opening Eden to play?
And in the end
It was good.
I wonder,
Was it all
For our
Pleasure
Or Hers?
And does it even matter?

***
Thank you, Kim, for this beautiful poem... it's absolutely amazing!!


33 comments:

Jingle Poetry said...

Kim is a gem,

Way to go. Thanks for the incredible poem...

Happy Potluck!

thingy said...

Lovely poem, Kim. : )

I have two this week. : )

Happy Potluck.

Anonymous said...

HETU SNITCH!

JamieDedes said...

Thanks, Olivia, for putting this up. Nice work!

Thanks to Kim too for the wonderful poem.

Altogether great package.

Enjoy Potluck everyone.

JamieDedes said...

P.Sl - The vid is fabulous.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Good poem, Kim. My latest is Dated Limerick which is also a Limerick-Off prompt.

Victoria said...

Kim, I love, love, love this! Such a fun image of creation.

Thanks, all, for another week of potluck.

Andy said...

Thanks for a lovely poem, Kim.

Thanks also to Olivia & Kavita for hosting.
I couldn't see the video...connection problems. I'll keep trying though.

My poem is kind of on theme...kind of.

Have a great Potluck everyone. I'll be around to read what I can.

Rachel Hoyt said...

Happy Potluck everyone! I wrote this one a few weeks ago... Prettier Parking Tickets

Kathe W. said...

thanks for the inspiration!

José Ruy Pimentel de Castro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
José Ruy Pimentel de Castro said...

Hi, Jingle! Thanx for commenting my poems. I'm back after a while. Now I have more time to comment other poems here and also to create some new ones. I'm starting a new writing moment in my blog with these two pieces. Well... thanx again for all the support and friendship.

Butterflies of time said...

Happy pot luck everyone-great entry Kim, I wrote mine 2 minutes back

Rek said...

That was fabulous, expressive, shape poetry by Kim....enjoyed the thoughts as they mirror mine

Grammy said...

Hi, This is my first try here. I hope I did it right. I believe you want something pertaining to a sketch. And next week is a storm. I am here in Missouri and well informed with our crazy weather. So I will be brain storming. :) Have a great week.
E

Eclipse said...

Amazing poem, Kim
Thank you for the inspiration Jingle, happy potluck!

Lolamouse said...

Always love reading Kim's work. Happy Monday all!

Jingle Poetry said...

Happy Potluck,

Thanks for sharing...

xoxox

Lisa Kramer said...

Great poem from Kim. This weeks potluck sounds truly intriguing (although the stormy morning also prepared me for next weeks well in advance).

Keep Creating
Lisa

James Rainsford said...

A poem I first posted last November, but it fits this week's theme. Hope visitors enjoy it.
Here's the link: http://bit.ly/e7OAUS
Kind regards to all at Jingle Poetry, James.

Liz - Old Raven said...

Jingle, I am sorry that you have been unwell. This poem of Kim's and her video were wonderful and a joy to read, view and listen to. Thank you.

Jingle said...

Jose, welcome back,
Grammy, welcome to JP,

Lisa Kramer, Glad to see you in,

James Rainsford, Thanks for sharing,

Liz, No big deal, simply some headaches.


Thanks for sharing, Happy Potluck.

Jingle said...

Jose, welcome back,
Grammy, welcome to JP,

Lisa Kramer, Glad to see you in,

James Rainsford, Thanks for sharing,

Liz, No big deal, simply some headaches.


Thanks for sharing, Happy Potluck.

Tasithoughts said...

Been busy with work and life...so glad to finally to get back to writing again. I am happy to submit to the Potluck. Happy Potluck everyone!!

JP

lynnaima said...

Happy potluck one and all!
http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/05/24/without-my-shadow/

wanderer said...

I have already joined: I am at 59.

Jingle said...

Thanks, Wanderer.

Jingle said...

Thanks, Wanderer.

dragonkatet said...

I absolutely love the poem, Kim. Love the image of God(dess) as a SHE! ;) Happy Potluck!

haikulovesongs said...

a beautiful poem in words and form.

Hairy Princess said...

First time participating in the Poetry Potluck. Hope I did it right! Looking forward to reading the other entries!

Judith C Evans said...

Finally made it over here! When I read the prompt, I immediately thought of the manufacturer logo impression on my favorite chocolate bar. :)

mindsinger said...

The Jingle page stopped just below the first article. Hope it was just a glitch. I thought the images and sketches was for last week. I'll check back tomorrow to see if there is a different prompt for this week.