Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK - Photographs, Memories and Nostalgia...

Monday's here, ladies and gents!! And so are we!!


We (Kavita and Aleza) delightedly welcome you again to Poetry Potluck... This week, it's a trip down memory lane with Photographs, Memories and Nostalgia!! What say?? Come on.. join us...

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! After relishing lovely memories, let's see how we got to where we are, into civilization and society, with Evolution, Environment and Survival !!?! But that's next week! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video

for gramma k.
(by Cloaked Monk)


i know you to be
strong
faith-full
loving
musical.
but you look at me
from the past
and i wonder
who that
woman was.
you seem
mysterious
shy
beguiling
soft.
did you know
then who you
would become?
did you have
dreams of
doctor
pastor
engineer
teacher
denied to you
because of the
circumstance of
your birth?
or did you look
towards the future
with a surety
knowing
motherhood
sunday school teacher
cook
wife
were the fulfillment
or your dreams?
your heart is
my heart
your eyes are
my eyes
your hands are
my hands.
together
we have it
all.

***
Thank you, Terri, for honoring us with this beautiful poem... we are indebted to you for this...


36 comments:

Jingle said...

awesome job..
Glad to see you post, Kavita.

rest well...

thingy said...

What a lovely poem, cloakedmonk.

Happy Potluck!

Kavita said...

Trip or no trip, I just couldn't stay away from potluck, Ji! :)

a very HAPPY POTLUCKING time to ALLLLLL!!! :))

liv2write2day said...

Touching poem from Cloaked Monk. It's so true that our mothers, grandmothers didn't even think of the options we have today. I also payed tribute--to my 90 year old mother. Looking forward to reading and happy National Poetry Month to all.

Jingle said...

Kavita,

you make ME and US SMILE!

welcome back, I feel close and near you right NOW...

Have Fun!

xoxo

Jingle said...

Glad to see Clock monk's poem featured here,

family members are gaped from generation to generation, awesome highlight on those century differences in point of views.

Modern tech make us appear like strangers to those who were born 100 years ago...

Happy Potluck, Everyone!

Jingle said...

Cloak, not Clock, oops.

blushing..

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) said...

Wow, lovely expressed, Cloaked Monk... :)

Mine is up... and yes, I realised my old blog is still linked, showing under Poets Delight in the sidebar on the right... Hmm, it had been in this way for quite awhile but my Intinglligent-Poetry/Talks by S.Pike is no longer around.. This blog has been deleted and now, all poems are from and on Tingtasy.com.. Will the officials take some times to make the changes?? Thanks!!

Happy Monday... :)

Andy said...

What a beautiful poem from Cloaked Monk

Lolamouse said...

Beautiful tribute, Cloaked Monk. Sometimes I think trying to do it all leaves our generation feeling guilty for not giving 100 percent to any of it. Your poem gives us something to think about.

Tarang said...

Very nice prompts and so is the poem.

bendedspoon said...

wow that is an awesome poem! "Together we have it all..."
What more is there to ask?
Fantastic day to everyone!
:)

lynnaima said...

Happy potluck everyone, enjoying the contributions thus far!

Jingle said...

welcome in, you all....

See you tomorrow morning, it is 10pm in my place.

Cheers.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I'm more into silliness today than nostalgia. :) I'm Fit To Be Tied over limericks.

Rachel Hoyt said...

The photo I used for this #poetweet was taken a while back during a very memorable day of wine tasting. :)

Ramesh Sood said...

I have put three entries this time again.. two from archives..for the theme..and one latest for hapiness...Moon shines in there.. Thanks you, God for Monday!!

cloakedmonk.com said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments! You should come by and see the picture of my gramma that inspired this poem. :)

Shalom,
CloakedMonk

And thank you to JinglePoetry & the Potluck and Olivia & Kavita & everybody for thinking of me.

Butterflies of time said...

Nice to be back here. Here is mine
http://harivarasanam.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/framed/

rrel said...

together we have it all..

Dave King said...

That is one superb piece of writing. I shall try to come up with something.

lynnaima said...

AH! What insomnia can do!!! I have read up to #92 and had to say how the links for my secret innuendo, and that of James Fish did not work, much as I tried to visit them. I hope they can resubmit if possible.

Enjoy the rally everyone, and yes I am 82 reads over and done :)

Fyodor Lewis said...

Great work! I look forward to reading a bunch of these. Now back to school work :( ;)

trisha said...

i have read that poem in jane's blog, its a splendid poem. fabulous and it makes the scene come alive.

tasithoughts said...

Great poem, Cloaked !

Glad to join the potluck!

JP

sparrowsong said...

I love the new blog design. It's very inviting!

Reggie said...

Happy potluck everyone!

loved the opening poem by Clocked Monk

K McGee said...

Wow! Late to the party, as usual. I'll get the weekly rotation down eventually. On the bright side, I have 175 poems ahead of me that I look forward to reading today. :)

Alejandra said...

Finally getting to your site and checking it out. Wow! Took me a minute to figure out how to navigate but just submitted my blog link. I'm participating in NaPoWriMo so I actually have recent work posted. Can't wait to browse other people's submissions.

Jingle said...

welcome, Alejandra, have fun..

Happy Tuesday, Cheers.

abthomas said...

Fantastic prose Cloaked Monk! though I haven't nary a thing to post this week, I plan to enjoy some mighty fine readin'~

JamieDedes said...

Well done as always. Thanks for the hard work ladies. And thanks to cloaked monk for the lovely poem.

Happy Potluck days, Everyone!

The Reason You Come said...

That was such a beautiful, touching tribute from Cloaked Monk! :)

I didn't get to join last week, which was family week for me. Back this week and looking forward to reading great poetry again!

hull of a city said...

a delightful experience lovely to share poems and thoughts

http://hulltransforms.blogspot.com/2011/04/buses-sky-and-flats.html

hull of a city said...

http://kshawnedgar.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/crushing-paper-laterns/#comments

great image and haunting title and words

hull of a city said...

http://redpetals04.wordpress.com/

lovely fun poem