Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK - Muse, Art, Music and Poetry

Settle down, folks... It's Monday already! So it's POTLUCK time!! Yaayyy...


We (Olivia and Kavita) delightedly welcome you again to Poetry Potluck... A perfect April Monday... now that can only mean "Muse, Art, Music and Poetry"!! What say?? Come on.. join us...

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! Having splashed about in beauty and music, let's undo our "Doubts, Fears, Inhibitions and Hesitations"!! Brr... Scary!! But that's next week! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video

A heart, touched... A soul, moved...
-----------------------------------------------------
(by Sonam Mandal

The song had not left
The tip of her tongue,
Had not been penned in ink,
Or thought out in blood,
Before it filled in her heart
The wondrous joy of its coming.

Never had she met one
She could adore more,
Than the voice of a Songbird,
Singing deep and sad lore,
Of her wisdom gained,
And lovers lost to time.

Nor ever did she feel complete,
Without her favorite tune
Playing on the radio,
Electric guitar, and drumbeats,
To take her high and bring her low,
And finally settle for acoustic strings.

The poetry bled from her pen,
Onto pages waiting to be read,
Words that wrote themselves,
And she watched in wonder,
As each quivering page after another,
Filled with the ink of her thoughts.

Her dear Muse paid her a visit,
Bringing songs from afar as gifts,
And taking a little of her soul,
In the form of penned thoughts,
And music strummed from her guitar,
As a gift to the world beyond.

 ***
Thank you, Sonam, for this melodious (oh yea!! that's how lovely it is) poem... we are truly honored!!



39 comments:

Jingle said...

deadpoet 88,

your poem is cool.

Happy Potluck!

Welcome you all.

Bluebell Books said...

Do you love doing interview with published author/blogger?

We have an opening, your job is to post an interview on two Sundays each month beginning May, 2011...

contact

bluebellbooks4u@gmail.com

for details...

Welcome join our crews!

Happy Writing!

thingy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

Nice poem & love the beat of the video.
Thanks Olivia & Kavita.

Happy Potluck everyone and have a great week.

lynnaima said...

Happy Monday everyone! I shall pass by later on, nice seeing you all here again :)
http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/04/24/the-corridors-of-supposition/

thingy said...

I did it! I hope. : )

Teri C said...

This topic was close to my heart and was very fun to write about and create my mandala.

K McGee said...

Humm.. I'll have to write something new that fits the theme, but until then I've reposted an older poem tied to this week in history.

Thanks for the heads up on next weeks theme! I'll come better prepared.

JamieDedes said...

Happy Poetry Potluck everyone...Let's chow down!

Thanks to Olivia and Kavita for setup and to Sonam for the lovely poem.

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Every link works fine, Thingy.

Relax and enjoy the poetry.

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Good job, as always! Here's my Argumentative Limerick which also serves as a Limerick-Off writing challenge. Thanks!

Neeraja said...

Wow! I wrote something two days back and it is like this weeks theme was meant for me! Thank you for the theme. :)

Lolamouse said...

I did a little bit of a twist on the topic but I think it fits.
http://lolamousedroppings.blogspot.com/2011/04/critic.html
Have a great week everyone!

K McGee said...

Such wonderful submissions! I'll be back tomorrow.

Gwen Dubeau said...

Hello everyone,

Time is flying by, spring is here with it's pretty flowers and warm breezes.
I have shared a poem from a trip last weekend to a busy and famous city. Hope you enjoy it.

In the Big Apple ~ http://t.co/KIvwClg

Have a wonderful week! :)

Rachel Hoyt said...

What a beautiful poem! Happy Potluck. :)

Rinkly Rimes said...

We've all melted into a romantic mood.

beccagivens said...

What a great feature poem!! Great topic ... the poets/poetesses shining brightly!! Have a great week!

Blaga said...

Great poem of Sonam, happy Potluck!

deep said...

Hello-

I was browsing my old poetry to see if I could share 'These are a few of my favorite things' poem as per last week's suggestion in potluck. Found this close, and happy to share.

Happy Potluck!

Butterflies of time said...

Thanks Jingle for yet another potluck. And the theme is so close to my heart. Here is mine
http://harivarasanam.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/the-muse-arrives/

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) said...

Phew, managed to get one out just in time.. I hope mine fit into this week's theme.. Happy Monday, everyone!!

kez said...

have added quite an english poem that reflects some peoples working week.Hope thats ok ,looking forward to reading others ..many thanks kez

Krisse said...

I added a poem about that feeling wich only music can create. And there is a link to that song that inspired the poem too.

Dennis Go said...

Sorry if I "re-linked" an old piece. Poems about poetry is one of my favorite themes and I just ache to share some hehe

Kiera O'Brien said...

Why do I get this odd feeling I was lured into this week's potluck by some carefully chosen bait? I've got my eye on you, young lady! At any rate, it's good to be back at Jingle. Happy Monday!

robin said...

hi guys, not sure why it's done this second week in a row but when i link in:
https://rrel.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/seeds-2/
... what ends up here is
http://https//rrel.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/seeds-2/

that link obviously doesn't work.

i cannot fix it on my end, can you?

also, i'm not the only one. others have same problem. fyi.

https://rrel.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/seeds-2/
-and-
https://rrel.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/its-vapors/

:) -robin
a.k.a my secret innuendo

haikulovesongs said...

great poem. thank you for the prompt.

Henry Clemmons said...

I'm not sure I posted my Pot luck muse, music, art poem in the right spot. But I have my name up there. Hope you like it. And let me know if I entered it in the wrong place. Thank you.
Henry C.

Jingle said...

I will visit you within 24 hours,

sorry for being absent, very busy with other schedule.

See you tomorrow.

Thanks for the support.

Your Poetry Rocks!

Foxy said...

Hey fellow wordsmiths! Finally got around to adding my two...or in this case 3 cents to the Potluck! I love being a part of this world. At least we can leave the thoughtless one behind!

http://rantsthatrhyme.blogspot.com

Have a gander at my blog above
Poems you might find worth your love!

Salem Lorot said...

A wonderful prompt. Now to the "Music of My People", brewed deep in the woods of Kenya. Enjoy.

James Rainsford said...

Have left it late to post this week, but am trying to catchup with many unfinished tasks. Hope the community enjoy my post. It is blessedly, a little more lighthearted than some of my recent poems.

K McGee said...

I finally submitted one that fits the theme. Inspirations muse arrived this morning.

http://kmcgeepoet.wordpress.com/2011/04/26/de-evolution/

Tigerbrite said...

Great prompt Ji. Would have loved to have a go at that but have been wrapped up in the Death card which has not come easy. Happy Pot Luck.

Reggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reggie said...

Nice poem Sonam.

Don't know how this slipped passed me...had to pop this out quick...will venture in later.

Thanks Olivia and Kavita.

Happy Potluck Everyone!

Jennie said...

Thanks so much for the prompt.

My poem for the week is here.

Reflections said...

A little late on the draw on this one... but I hope you all enjoy.