Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK - Evolution, Environment and Survival

Ooohh... Monday time = Potluck time!!


We (Olivia and Kavita) delightedly welcome you again to Poetry Potluck... This week, we take a look into our past and present...with Evolution, Environment and Survival!! What say?? Come on.. join us...

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! Now that we know how we progressed over generations and generations, we were thinking of telling you "These are a few of my favorite things"! Now how awesome is that!! Okay, but that's next week! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video

Living Chain
------------------------
(by Ting)

Predators and Preys,

Cruel cycle for only survival stays.

Will they turn into fays?

Will their absence change one’s days?

Shaping the environment we live in,

Many said they play no major role to help it.

Ignorance to the harm improvement might bring,

Doing bits and pieces (now) to help the Earth be green.

Evolutionary era now is,

Attempting to create new DNA with those existing.

Unknown/hidden cells are rapidly multiplying,

Measurement to take are increasing.

With what human had done to our environment,

Surviving with Evolution continues to burn!


© Mary Magdalene Krislin Neo, Ting (S.Pike)


***
Thank you, Ting, for honoring us with this beautiful poem... it's an honor to have you here!


43 comments:

thingy said...

Yay, Ting!

LOL. I love the image of the evolution of drinks.

Happy Potluck!

Jingle said...

superb poem,

Ting...

Jingle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jingle said...

Happy Potluck....


Beautiful Job, Olivia and Kavita...

Your Girls Rock!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Great job, as always!

I didn't manage anything on theme. But I did post a new limerick, which also serves as a Limerick-Off prompt and limerick writing competition. I hope some of you will join in! Guileless Limerick (Limerick-Off Monday)

UmaAnandane said...

True Krislen, Surviving with Evolution continues to burn
Happy Potluck!

bendedspoon said...

I hear a big HELP for us! Fantastic poem Ting :)

Those drinks -- I'm still on stage 3! Am I missing something?

Blessings to everyone as we celebrate our existence! :)

cloakedmonk.com said...

Wonderful poem! I was totally surprised because I wrote a poem on theme today without knowing it. Ha! http://cloakedmonk.com/2011/04/10/never-again/

cloakedmonk.com said...

Wonderful poem! I was totally surprised because I wrote a poem on theme today without knowing it. Ha! http://cloakedmonk.com/2011/04/10/never-again/

Vinay said...

Have shared two posts that are related to survival! Will share another after writing it today :) Happy Potluck.

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) said...

Thank you for enjoying my simple poem.. at least, it didn't look as bad as I thought it would be.. LOL...

Cheers everyone and thanks Olivia for the chance... :)

*HUUUUGGG*

and HAPPY Potluck.. will return to read later.. :)

Fyodor Lewis said...

Mine is all about hope. Let's face it after water, oxygen, and food it is the most crucial thing to survival.
Enjoy.

The Fool said...

I tried to think something on the theme. And something really wierd came out of it. I have just written what came to my mind without caring about rhyme or meter.

http://luciferhouseinc.blogspot.com/2011/04/grey-world.html

Do look forward to some feedback.

Krisse said...

I have two poems: One is about the survival of an icicle and the other is just a poem I wrote a couple of days back that I'd like someone to take a look at:)

lunawitch15 said...

Well I have been Kind of busy with april stuff so i posted ones that I had on my take of survival and nature as environment.

Happy rally everyone!

Jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie said...

Thanks so much for running this.

If I read you correctly, you asked us to leave a link in the comments,as well as in the Inlinkz, so I am...right here.

Butterflies of time said...

Thank you. My entry is here.
http://harivarasanam.wordpress.com/2010/12/07/destiny/
My net is now disconnected so please bear with me .I will be posting my comments and replies as soon as the connection is restored.

Ramesh Sood said...

Thank you everyone involved with JPP..it's so inspiring .. 'Survival' made me think.. but Moon stayed can't send him away..

Chim's World of Literature said...

Hi Kris....loved the poem and yay...
happy potluck all

glh said...

Thanks for the invite JP. I have linked to my three poems. One recent that I haven't really launched for the world to see - a bit of an experiment with the notions of transcience and permenance so I guess that counts as survival! All the words are from Shakespeare, Frost and Owen...

My other two are older pieces that I wrote before my blog was public. Both deal with age and survival and facing the obstacles in our paths. Comments appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Rachel Hoyt said...

Happy Potluck! I've linked in one new rhyme and one older one. :) I hope you like my twist on the theme. :)

lynnaima said...

hmm morning, just submitted an oldy, happy monday everyone!

http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/03/30/evolution/

trisha said...

a very beautiful poem. we all should be thinking these things and acting in harmony to mother nature.

trisha
http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/free-soul-10-4-11/

trisha said...

a very beautiful poem. we all should be thinking these things and acting in harmony to mother nature.

trisha
http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/free-soul-10-4-11/

kez said...

thank you for my invite have put 3 poems on hope you enjoy

haikulovesongs said...

thank you for the opportunity to participate. i look forward to visiting others' blogs.

tasithoughts said...

Enjoyed the poem.

Glad to participate in the Potluck. Look forward to some good reading.

JP

sweet pea. said...

hmm, i didnt even notice, but mine kinda goes along with the evolution part of the potluck =P



http://goroshechek.blogspot.com/2011/01/its-not-me-its-you.html

Greyscale Territory said...

A most creative, interesting poem Ting!

My poem stretches the idea of evolution a little, but it is all about survival!

Debra Ann Elliott said...

I enjoyed reading your poem. This is my first time here. I've linked up with my poem.

Debra Ann Elliott said...

Evolution Revolution
http://debragrayelliott.blogspot.com/2011/04/poetry-potluck.html

Mia said...

Read 60 so far...
Should have the rest of the links read by tonight. ;)


Luna

http://lunawitch15.wordpress.com

Raghu said...

Here's mine:

http://reflections-shatteredmirror.blogspot.com/2010/06/can-i.html

Dragon Ka-Tet said...

Happy Potluck all and thanks for sharing! :)

Mia said...

135 and counting...
quick ! someone slash me in the face with water! lol

Luna

Jingle said...

Thank you all for sharing and linking....

you rock.

Will visit all of you latest tomorrow.

smiles.

Jingle said...

Mia,

you rock.

I am left behind, yet Glad that you are doing the perfect job.

love your shining spirits.

M. A. S. said...

Hi everybody. Thought I'd bring a couple of older dishes to the potluck.

Tinder

Low Earth Orbit

Saugraamzindagi said...

Here's my take on theme, Jingle!
Hope you like the dish. :-)

sonny said...

hi...thank you so much for inviting me here...i didnt know about the site...i would love to be a part of this starting sunday onwards...warm regards....sonny.

verbality said...

Just joined the potluck...did not follow quite the theme...first time. but I guess I will eventually get there. Link added to my site as well. Thanks for including me!

la fille said...

This is lovely!