Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Poem Of the Week

Hello this is Luna, and I am pleased to bring you this week’s Poem of the week, from which the Theme was, "These are a few of my favorite things" This Poem stuck out to me for many reasons, one of which is this poet’s great way of pulling you in. Also This poet’s use of the common day language in this piece is superb. So let me present, David Allen Waters Poem Titled; My favorite thing.



My favorite thing.


My Hands pull open your layers

lingering, I allow your essence to

stick to my fingers. I raise them

to my mouth savoring your

scent and flavor.

 
You cling to my hands, my mouth

so sticky, sweet...I am lost in you.

I can't get enough, I must have more.

I lick my fingers clean, you... laying

open before me.


You beckon me from where you lay,

all warm, sweet and moist...tease.

I run my finger over the surface of

you...I can't contain myself any

longer.



I use my tongue and dive into your

depths. The very smell, the taste of

you drives me to utter distraction. I

dive deeper, still deeper until nothing

remains.

I have devoured you, all of you. I search

my fingers for a small remain...nothing, I

have licked them clean, a faint remnant of

your smell still lingers on them. I fall into a

deep sleep...satisfied.
I dream of you my love...



Your taste lingers on my

tongue...You have taken

me to chocolate ecstasy.

I am yours.


............................................



David states after his poem that “To me eating cake is a sensual experience right up there with love making, meditation and prayer.”


If you would like to see more of David’s work, and what else he says after this delicious piece, you can find him at his blog Titled: Alokoli at


http://davidwaters100.blogspot.com/. He has much more there than just Poetry, So please do check him out.

Next week’s Theme will be; Art, Music and Poetry so I hope to see you there! Please don’t forget that you can use the Link from Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and it stays open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT).
I can’t wait to read everyone’s poems then! So this is Luna saying; Write on! And I hope to see everyone soon.



Luna/Mia Lombardi Http://lunawitch15.wordpress.com/


7 comments:

David Allen Waters said...

I am speechless, honored but speechless (and you know that never happens lol)

Thank you :)

Jingle said...

Stunning pick, Lune (Mia),

This poet has been with us ever since the first week,

Thrilled to have his talent honored and his poem reread by all...

A Perfect Choice!

xxx

Mary said...

what I yummy poem. Well chosen!

Judy Roney said...

David and I have the same love. We won't fight over it though. :) How sensuous this poem is. I love it from start to finish including that lucious, desirable photo! :)

ssina said...

this poem is SO crazy! and SO amazing! i just LOVE it and i thing David's a genius!

liv2write2day said...

Woweee! Great poem and post,David and Luna. I'm off to find me some chocolate!

Rajlakshmi said...

thats a beautiful write...