Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Meet The Poet Wednesday

Welcome to Meet The Poet Wednesday where we get to meet one of the great poets who contribute to the Jingle Poetry community. This week we get to learn more about Lady Nimue!

Who is Lady Nimue?

A dreamer who thinks more than she does and writes more than she thinks she can! And if you want to know the real me , you can not unless you meet me

Tell me about your blog(s), about the name and what it means to you? When did you start blogging?

I started blogging last April and still blog at the same place – Pages from my mind [ladynimue.wordpress.com] I picked my name Nimue ‘cause I loved the story of “lady of lakes” and Nimue is one of her many used names in the Greek mythology. But there was no real reason to pick the blog name. This kind of was a brain wave if you can call it that ;)

I am also an author on blog “Its about random people [ireadintothings.wordpress.com ] which is about random people you observe and think in daily life. I did not create that blog but I am an invited writer there

Your first poem, do you remember it? 

I am not sure but the oldest I remember was a poem “when” written for a poetry site. It was a competition to devise your own poetry form I guess. Its published on my blog I am sure!

Is there a style of writing you prefer? Do you write only poetry?

Free style , haiku , gogyohka ! I write form poetry or rhyming verses when free and set with a particular thought. Otherwise free verses are what you will find most in my blog. Writing a rhymed post is like a treat to myself!

Favorite poem you've written?

I forget about most of the poems I write. But recently I wrote about my mom. The poem was “visit by mother”. That’s something that I will never forget writing. Another poem I like is Zygote ! I love it just for the unique idea its written about . It was fun!

Inspirations! Where do you find them and what makes you comfortable writing?

Written words – specially by the bloggers I frequently read . So many times I have no clue what to write unless I read few poems .. And then I let my mind wander free to chase a muse. By god’s grace words do not let me down too often

Favorite books? Authors?

I read a lot of crime / mystery books ! And I never read romance . I have no favorites though. I cherish good books by any one!

If poetry was a color, which one would that be?

For me it would be Purple – royal , tempting , sensuous and yet evil too !!

If you could live in a book, which one would that be?

Make me Bella of Edward Collins !!!! Please !!!!!!! ;) Yes , that’s what I would love to have – a vampire boyfriend !!

Being part of Jingle community, what are the benefits?

You learn to appreciate the vastness that poetry promises you! Unless you read , you never can realize where ideas can lead you. Jingle not only is that wonderful platform but also a means to explore. This place has given me something to call my own place to be. A place with friends and like minded people who do not shy to show they care. I love this place and many of the people associated with this!

Any advice for people who would like to write poetry?

JUST WRITE WHAT YOU FEEL !!!! Do not fabricate things you are not comfortable writing about!


18 comments:

ladynimue said...

Before this even I did not know so much about myself !! It was a fun realization :))

Blaga said...

What a nice interview, glad to learn more about you. Loved the answer about the book you like to live in ... I wanna try playing the vampire girlfriend too, but to a vampire called Damon. All the best Nimue! Christopher, thanks for posting this!

Promising Poets Parking Lot said...

This is a perfect post,

way to go, Ladynimue!

beautiful job, Christopher!

xx

Butterflies of time said...

Lovely to know more about this talented lady whose visits to my corner always leave me inspired !May you be blessed with inspiration to write more and more .Lovely interview.

Boonie S said...

Fascinating interview. Thanks.

Have a good weekend, Boonie

Lena said...

I must admit Jingle, that being involved in such groups as Poet Rally, has given me the confidence to follow that very last question and answer - writing what I feel.

I'm a humorous person by nature, so the bulk of my material tends to end up catering for that. But with the vast types of verse out there in Jingleland, it certainly is exciting, wondering what you'll find today!

Jingle said...

No one can predict what's coming our way, each week, we have 2 to 3 dozens of fresh poets joining in either at Poets Rally or at Jingle Poetry.

Glad to have you be part of it, Lena.

Folks, thanks for the comments.

Happy Weekend.

Hope to see you back on Sunday!

Just someone said...

It was a refreshing realization to read the last question - :)

"Writing what you feel"...

there are times when I am sure what I feel is not good enough and there is the overwhelming urge to fabricate...

Oh well :)

jgavinallan said...

Lady N:
So you don't enjoy reading Romance, I understand. Though that hurts. Anyway, I loved reading about you. Two things struck me. First, in a reply you stated how you realized much more of yourself through the interview. I can understand. It is par with your ability to create. Second, do you really want a Vampire boyfriend? The modern day Vampire lover will dry you of more than blood.
I loved the interview.
Jaye---slowly regaining my blood supply LOL

liv2write2day said...

Fun interview with one of my favorites.

Y U NO said...

one of the best source of inspirations in blog world. amazing thing about her is versatile she brings in her poetry. very imaginative, creative full of colors . And yes she has got long way to go. One of my favorite who has inspired me a lot and always keeps motivating

ladynimue said...

@Blaga : Each to her own vampire ;) Thanks for the lovely comment dear !

@Poets Parking Lot : thanks for giving me this platform Ji !

@Butterflies of time : Its been long i visited you ;) Thanks fr reminding !! But you know i always love it ..

ladynimue said...

@Boonie : thanks :)

@Lena : Oh I share your feelings .. Its a vast world of brilliant word-masters here ..


@Jingle All thanks to you for this platform and the support :)

ladynimue said...

@Just someone : Well as per me, you should be able to justify your reasons for the write at least to yourself ... "I felt so" is a good enough reason ;)


@Jaye : I don't mind romance stories in parts :) Its the whole novel full of love and mush that i can not finish ..

@Victoria : I am so much overwhelmed with that comment :)

@Y U NO : what can i say to this comment now ?? I hope you stay inspired and keep writing !

lunawitch15 said...

hi,
it is great knowing more about you! :)

i so want to know what kind of horror.. my favs are anita blake, all dean koontz, john saul, jd. robb(well she's more crime..lol)

i will have to go back to your site soon and read through some more!

hugs! luna

lunawitch15 said...

hi,
it is great knowing more about you! :)

i so want to know what kind of horror.. my favs are anita blake, all dean koontz, john saul, jd. robb(well she's more crime..lol)

i will have to go back to your site soon and read through some more!

hugs! luna

lunawitch15 said...

hi,
it is great knowing more about you! :)

i so want to know what kind of horror.. my favs are anita blake, all dean koontz, john saul, jd. robb(well she's more crime..lol)

i will have to go back to your site soon and read through some more!

hugs! luna

ladynimue said...

hey luna .. I read koontz once and it was amazing !! cant remember the book name though .. I read more of crime and my fav would be Jeffery Deaver [ he writes forensic thriller]. Then I even liked kay hooper books ( specially coz she writes of paranormal things ).