Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK - Lies, Deception and Misrepresentation

Monday's here, ladies and gents!! And so are we!!


We (Kavita and Aleza) are delighted once again welcome you to Poetry Potluck... This week, it's serious... it's Lies, Deception and Misrepresentation!! Come on now.. tell us all about it...

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CDT), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CDT). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!!

Flash Forward!! After all the unpleasant stuff, it's time to lighten up... And what better than Trips, Travel and Vacation to do that!!?! But that's next week! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video

We Lie
(by Lady Nimue)

I know you wonder
if its your fault -
this silence spread between us,
this bridge falling brick by brick.
And I just smile
'cause I can't admit -
I know we lied about few things
I know facts were misrepresented.
You claim you meant it
all that you ever said -
the words,the hopes and dreams,
the intentions and expectations.
I know you meant them
to be said to another girl -
One who would love you the same
and offer her loyalty to your game.
I am not what you want
You are not what I need -
We both still pretend otherwise

deceiving our self of the reality.
***
Thank you, Lady Nimue, for this realistic and WOW poem... 


39 comments:

Kavita said...

Welcome to Poetry Potluck, you awesome poets!!
Link it, share and enjoy!!

I hope you have a great time here this week as well...

Love,
Kavita

thingy said...

Terrific poem, Lady Nimue.

Happy Potluck, all!

Jingle said...

Perfect theme poem, love the art as well...

Rocking post, Kavita/Aleza..

cheers...
Happy Potluck, Everyone.

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) said...

Lady Nimue, indeed, this made me wow..very realistic and deceiving our self of the reality is just how all are said but never meant.. You expressed all in it.. Wonderfully expressed.. :)

Happy Monday and Potluck, everyone, going to do my round now.. :)

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Wonderful job! And thanks very much for your help in inspiring my Insincere Limerick.

bendedspoon said...

Truly a wow poem Lady Nimue!
It crossed my mind sometimes but can't expressed in words :)

Reggie said...

Awesome start to Poetry Potluck Lady Nimue!...Hope everyone has a good time!

Kenia Cris said...

I've linked two old poems, I couldn't think about anything on the theme this week but I had it in my archives. Hope you enjoy it.

=* Kisses from Brazil.

JamieDedes said...

Thanks, Kaviata, for all your work on this. Wonderful post again. And thanks to Nimue for the donation of yet another fab poem. Love it!

Happy Potluck days everyone!

Poem on ...

Rachel Hoyt said...

re: the theme... I think mine could represent a rebuttal of the lie that New Zealand is a dangerous place to travel right now...

Have Some Fun Under the New Zealand Sun

Dishilicious said...

nice poem, know the feeling. :)

p:s: can i link a poem that i have already linked to poetry potluck previously, 'cos i think it fits this theme too. :) just wanted to check if this can be done, please let me know. thanks

Olivia said...

What a fab poem by Nimue.. Set the mood just right ;)

Kavzzzzzzz, thanks for doing this again! I so eagerly wait for the Potluck Po(s)t :D

Hugs xox

Luke Prater said...

Glad to be back... look forward to reading some of your fine poetry, my friends!

Warmest Salad

Luke @ WordSalad

Rinkly Rimes said...

A good prompt for this week. Very apt for NSW. Next week is apt too but I won't be taking part as I'm off on a cruise vacation!

Rekha said...

Clear, concise rendition of the life many of us lead...liked it very much.

James Rainsford said...

Thought I had a very relevant poem for this week's chosen theme. Hope some agree. Now off to read and comment on the contributions of others.
Thanks to all at Jingle Poetry
Best wishes, James.

mairmusic said...

hi y'all! I put up my most recent poem as #11, but then I remembered a great deceit sonnet-- it's #78. I'll be reading later today.

Shreya said...

Hey!
I have linked one poem..Hope you guys enjoy readig it! Here's the link: http://shreyar.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/red-devil/

FamaSemperVivat said...

I've shared one of my own poems as well as one from a young man who's a favorite of mine on All Poetry, be sure you read "We Confess-by Superfirst on AP" he's only 12 but his poetry will blow you away!

haikulovesongs said...

another wonderful poem by Lady Nimue! great topic. my poem is here ~

http://haikulovesongs.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/you-lied/

i can't wait to see what everyone's written!
dani ♥

Mary said...

Good prompt - thank you.

Andy said...

Great reads here.

Tarang said...

Interesting prompt and a very reflective poem by Lady Nimue.

Lolamouse said...

If you missed it last week, here it is again! It fit both themes!
http://lolamousedroppings.blogspot.com/2011/03/eat-this-or-tale-of-love-pies-liesand.html

Jingle said...

Thanks for sharing, please relax, read a few, and have fun.

Happy Potluck!
Your poetry is divine.
Hope that you have fun.

xxx

Wellspring Of The Soul said...

Wonderful poets and a magnanimous site. I am here for the first time and love it here. Now I know where to share my truest essence, and, with whom.

Thanks.
John Evans

tasithoughts said...

Happy Potluck!

Glad to be a a part of it.

Lady Nimue...love the way you write.

Entered my poem..

http://tasithoughts.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/angel-wings-and-forked-tongues/

JP

Molly @ Postcards from a Peaceful Divorce said...

This was beautiful. Why is it so hard to admit when a relationship isn't working? Why do we deceive ourselves?

Samantha said...

loved this poem, "We Lie", and the ironic, cold hard truth it portrayed.

Thank you.

The Fool said...

Managed to find time to write my poem and submit. Did not want to miss it my first time here. My poem can be found her http://luciferhouseinc.blogspot.com/2011/03/sword-of-truth.html

Shall check out the others' submissions over the week.

Wellspring Of The Soul said...

Jingle, simply put...you give so much encouragement to all poets it is evident poetry is in your blood. I thank you for all your comments truly very kindly. You rock!!! A friend always. John E.

Wellspring Of The Soul said...

A BIG thank you to Molly for her kind words. All are welcome and we are welcome so much encouragement for you all. Slowly getting around on Poetry Potluck and learning the ropes, as they say. Everyone, be blessed.
John

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I'm back with another take on your prompt. This time it's a limerick about spring: Dear Calendar. Thanks!

lunawitch15 said...

I'm a little slow this week due to pneumonia but i will try to read all again. just posted mine.

lunawitch15 said...

ok just read 35. going to sleep now will try to read more later.
be blessed all.

Joanna said...

Lady Nimue you tell a sad tale.
Well said.

trisha said...

this week's theme was thought provoking. quite thought provoking.

loved the poem by LN, she is an awesome poetess.

trisha

Jagring said...

Hope you guys like it..

http://jagring.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/falling/

Jagring said...

And an another one...

http://jagring.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/loves-debt/

Cheers..!!