Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Review Tuesdays - Greyscale Territory

A haiku a day is challenging for me. So to write them consistently in both quality and quantity is something admirable. Greyscale Territory, authored by Australian blogger Gemma Wiseman is this week’s focus on Review Tuesdays.

Who is Gemma?
Gemma Wiseman is a teacher currently residing in Melbourne, Australia. Having found a sense of paradise in Tasmania and then that paradise broken, she says she’s trying to etch a new life in Melbourne. She says she might be known in some worlds as Aisling Muse Rain.

What does Greyscale Territory look like?


Greyscale Territory uses a simple black background and the blogger designer template Awesome Inc. There is only one sidebar which houses all her widgets, like Profile Page, Blog Lists(both personal and meme blog roll), Archive, Flagcounter, Recent Comments etc. The blog according to archive has been active since April 2007 and to date has 2867 posts and 147 followers. The blog also has a Wibiya widget which gives access to social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, shows the number of people online on that blog at any given time etc.

Greyscale Poetry:
This blog is a haiku paradise. The majority of the blog’s posts are haikus based mostly on her wonderful photography. Both go hand in hand. Simple at times and easy to understand, her poetry is attractive and regular. Gemma’s photography is the centerpiece of the blog. From parades to salt and pepper shakers, her passion for the camera fills the place. The haiku or poem matches it well.

Gemma writes for a variety of meme blogs throughout the week. From Haiku Heights to Ruby Tuesdays, One Single Impression to Poetry Potluck. Her passion for writing finds some outlet or inspiration without difficulty. From her recent write-ups, I suggest Street Flowers at Hastings, Waiting Candlelight and Evening Sky as reads to savor. All are haikus of delicate beauty.

Suggestions:
None regarding poetry, I think she finds it comfortable writing the particular form and she does it well. Regards the template, since there are a lot of widgets in the blog, I recommend a sidebar on either side of the post, just to balance the space.

Who am I?
I’m Leo; author of I Rhyme Without Reason, co-host of Review Tuesdays here at Jingle Poetry along with Someone is Special. Hope you enjoy reading about the blogs, and do go read them too. Gemma, it was a pleasure to review your blog which I've been following for long. Hope to continue reading you and dropping by whenever I can. Do let me know if I've gone wrong anywhere in the review. 








7 comments:

Greyscale Territory said...

Thank you so much for the spotlight! I am overwhelmed! I didn't expect this! Can't find words that show how I feel! (Not even a haiku!) Very honoured!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Good post, I will certainly look the links up, Nice to hear from you Leo, I do miss your post and comments.

Yvonne.

trisha said...

will check out her blog. sounds very tempting, thanks leo.

trisha

kenny said...

It's a great blog, thanks for the review!

M.L. Gallagher said...

I learn so much here!

Thank you.

Jingle said...

lovely take...
She is cool and her blog is full of beautiful Haikus...

Glad to have her here.

Cheers to both of you.

Rocking Tuesday Reviews.

liv2write2day said...

Nice review...look forward to reading more of Gemma.