Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK - Cartoons, Sci-fi and Super Powers!!

Greetings, y'all!! 


After yet another exciting week, we (Aleza and Kavita) are delighted to welcome you back to Poetry Potluck... and this time, it's time to enjoy ourselves in the world of Cartoons, Sci-fi and Super Powers... Won't you join us?

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CST), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CST). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!! :))

Flash Forward!! After loads of fun with our favorite "characters", we thought it would real nice to talk about our Idols, Role models and Mentors... But that's next week! So you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!


video



SMILE IS GOD
(by our very own Someone is Special)


Popeye the sailor man!
I am Popeye the sailor man!
Wanna smile with Olive and me?
Or Kick Bruto and save Olive?
Spinach is my secret of success!
And Smile is your secret of success!
Popeye the sailor man!
I am Popeye the sailor man!

'Tom' & Jerry' the fighting couple!
We are 'Tom' & Jerry' the fighting couple!
Wanna smile with us enjoying our fights?
or Kick Us like the Spike used to?
Fighting is our time pass!
and Watching us is your time pass!
'Tom' & Jerry' the fighting couple!
We are ‘Tom' & Jerry' the fighting couple!

"Shaggy and Scooby", the Scooby Doo!
We are "Shaggy and Scooby", the Scooby Doo!
Wanna smile with us enjoying our investigation?
or Fear like Scooby daydreaming?
We Love to investigate!
and you love to watch us investigating!
"Shaggy and Scooby", the Scooby Doo!
We are "Shaggy and Scooby", the Scooby Doo!

"Power Rangers SPD" the Special Police Delta!
We are "Power Rangers SPD" the Special Police Delta!
Wanna fight with us to defeat our enemies?


Or to smile seeing the fight within us?
We are the Super Heroes of Delta!
and we love you to be a Super Hero in your lifetime!
"Power Rangers SPD" the Special Police Delta!
We are "Power Rangers SPD" the Special Police Delta!

I am Popeye the sailor man!
I am 'Tom' & Jerry' the fighting couple!
I am "Shaggy and Scooby", the Scooby Doo!
I am "Power Rangers SPD" the Special Police Delta!
---
I am the Smiling God sent to this world
To flush away your tears and to make you smile,
Until it hurts your stomach and smiling tears.
! I am the Smiling God, Smile like a BABY !

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thank you, SiS, for this immensely sweet poem!! It brought huge smiles on our faces... 



30 comments:

bendedspoon said...

Thanks for the smile today with the fun poem -- Smile is God! Smile is good!
:)

Kavita said...

Yes indeed... and we could do with some of that!! :))

Hope you have loads of fun at Potluck this week!! Enjoyyy!!

And thank you for being here!! Yaaaayyy...
xoxox

azfree said...

Pow! Bang! Zoom! Post away. Save the day!!!

thingy said...

Have fun, all!

I think I mixed a Potluck stew. : )

Luke Prater said...

Hey -great to be back! Missed y'all. Look forward to reading your poetry... I've switched over to self-hosted WordPress which is exciting, digging that. Come and visit....

Luke @ WordSalad

Iwrite4u said...

haha..done early today....time to sleep now..good night!

Kavita said...

@thingy: Am all in for that stew :))
@Luke: Your wordsalad is gettin' me hungry, my friend!! :)) C ya soooonn!!

@Iwrite4u: awww...sleep well... while we hoard your blog with super-powered comments! :))

Gerardine Baugh said...

wow! you are a very busy lady! I think I am a bit over tired , I'm not getting what I need to do. post first then come back her and link you back to it..or just post now and write later( when I wake up:-)) either way, Hello, and have a happy week!
Gerardine

Cloaked Monk said...

I love this poem! And even more knowing that the closest translation of the divine name is "I am." Wonderful.

liv2write2day said...

Thanks for I AM Smile and enjoy the potluck everyone.

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) said...

Wow, all in one... LOL... Funky and joyous.. :) Somewhat, there seemed to be a beat to each word I read as though, its like a song too..

Well-shared..

Oh yes, mine is up too.. :)

S.Pike(Krislin)

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Thanks very much for your fun verse and the opportunity to link my Limerick Scold.

Kathe W. said...

very fun everyone! Thanks to Jingle Poetry!

Dave King said...

So, it's zap or be zapped time! I'll do my best.

Dishilicious said...

cute! loved it.

Eric 'Bubba' Alder said...

Yours is a regular tour de force of cartoon memories, Jingle! Love it!

Mine is about a different kind of super power that some people actually have. Hope you like it.

lynnaima said...

last part of the poem was enjoyable, real cool. Happy monday! :)

http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/02/25/rien-a-nierin-memoriam/

Jingle said...

love someone is special's poem,
super creative...

thanks for the comments, poets above,

love your presence...

wishing you all a lovely Monday.

keep rocking.

Lolamouse said...

Your poem made me SMILE! Thanks SIS. And thanks to Jingle, Aleza, and Kavita for another Potluck!

Rachel Hoyt said...

Happy Potluck ladies! That was a very cute poem with references to so many fun cartoon characters. :) We must be kindred spirits because I had just finished writing this last week when I saw it was your upcoming theme. :)

Real Life Superheroes

flaubert said...

I almost didn't write to this, nothing was coming to mind. Then I had a thought about "The Martian Chronicles" which I read some years ago. It seemed to fit. Thanks for being here.

Pamela

azfree said...

@Rachel We are kindred spirits indeed and in rhyme!

@lolamouse Hosting Potluck is our pleasure here at JP. It's great fun and I am enjoying all the poems so much!!

Thanks everyone!

Dasuntoucha said...

Hello Jingle and all fellow poets...Fun post!...good to be back at Potluck! (^_^)

Dave King said...

Well, these are brilliant, but they do suggest that I've misread the prompt - again! I took them as alternatives. Ah, me!!

azfree said...

@Dave There is no misreading, as long as you're enjoying your time here!

tasithoughts said...

Love the delightful poems and love participating in the Potluck!

JP

kenny said...

Hi all! Just screeched in (rises, dusting himself off), I've had a terrible time with the internet this week! It had something to do with our cables and Libya, imagine! Anyway, here now and looking forward to reading you all!

kenny said...

Oh yes, and I'm having trouble with the point of view on this particular poem (written specially for potluck might I add) so ALL COMMENTS ARE ESPECIALLY WELCOME! I don't own any of my poems once they're written...just want them to have a good life, and sometimes it's a little something that comes from outside, that clears out the wrinkles! Thanks!

trisha said...

loved the fabulous poems here, will have to check on the works of others.

trisha
http://mydomainpvt.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/free-soul-28th-feb-2011/

Someone is Special said...

@ bendedspoon

Smiles, :-) "Great thought - Smile is good as well"

@ Kavita

Smiles Kavita, thanks for the invite that made me to pen down this..

@ azfree

Smiles and thanks Aleza..

@ thingy

Smiles

@ Luke Prater

Smiles

@ Iwrite4u

Smiles

@ Gerardine Baugh

Smiles

@ Cloaked Monk

Thanks for all the smiles, Cloaked Monk, You got it, "I am", smiles..

@ liv2write2day

Thanks Victoria.. Smiles

@ Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike)

Smiles, glad to know that..

@ Madeleine Begun Kane

Smiles

@ Kathe W.

Smiles

@ Dave King

Smiles

@ Dishilicious

Smiles

@ lynnaima

Smiles

@ Jingle

Thanks Ji for all the smiles...

@ Lolamouse

Thanks Lolamouse..

@ Rachel Hoyt

Smiles..

@ Dasuntouch

Smiles

@ Dave King

Smiles

@ tasithoughts

Smiles

@ kenny

Smiles

@ trisha

Thanks Trisha, Smiles...

Someone is Special