Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK - Aims, Goals, and Ambitions...


A HUGE HI to all you wonderful people!! 


We (Amanda and Kavita) are especially delighted to welcome you once again this week to Poetry Potluck... This week, it's all about where we are headed with our Aims, Goals and Ambitions... Hmm... interesting, isn't it?

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!! Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CST), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CST). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!! :))

Flash Forward!! Now with the serious talk over, and with Valentine's Day just around the corner, it would be foolish to talk about anything but Love, Bonds and Relationships next week... Well, you have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!

video


I desire, but I wish...

I want to raft the waters white
But I need to stay within my sight

I want to have a choco tart
But I need someone with the sweetest heart

I want to roam all o’er the world
Yet I need to stay right by him, curled

I want to ski down the slopes
But I need to be up on the hopes

I want to fly by greens and seas
But I need to keep my mind at ease

I want myself to look the best
But I need to ace at life’s main test

I want it all, I want to shine
But I need myself never to whine

So I may want the wants I see
But I will need to be true to me
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

By yours very truly, Kavita... :-)
And here, I (Kavita) would like to wish my dearest friend and partner (more like co-conspirator ;-)) Amanda the very best of luck in all her future endeavors... and HOW MUCH I enjoyed with her!! Will miss ya, lady!!



36 comments:

Jingle said...

You Desire 4 fantasy, and You Wish 4
True and authentic love and life...

lovely poem Kavita.

cheers to week 21 potluck,

Will Miss You, Amanda!

Happy Potluck, Everyone!
Welcome IN!

Someone is Special said...

Amanda, we miss you at JP.. But I love to read your wonderful works at buttercup... Have a great year ahead..

CST ZONE people enjoy, its still Sunday 8 PM :-) Have a great sleep before hitting the Monday..

Have a great week JP.. Riika the template looks too cool..
and I love the theme for next week.. I am in already for next week..

Someone is Special

thingy said...

I loved your poem, Kavita.

My goal is rather small.

It's titled 'My Crutch.'

Farwell, Amanda.

Kavita said...

My wants are numerous!! heheheh
But I really need to prioritize them.. ;-)

Thanks for the lovely comments, Ji, SiS and thingy...

Happy 21st Potluck week to all!! :)) Today, we are officially mature "adults" in the world of poetry potlucking!! Hurraaayyyyy!!! :))

imagina1 said...

I miss the potluck and all of you my dear friends at Jingle Poetry, I posted a poem of mine. Can't wait to read many inspiring poems in this week's potluck :)

pandaheroes said...

It's been a while since I crash by here. :] I'll be dropping three poems for the public's appraisal. ^^

bendedspoon said...

the honesty is so lovely -- true to oneself :)

Lolamouse said...

Happy Birthday to all the Feb. bdays! My poem for the week is posted here:
http://lolamousedroppings.blogspot.com/2011/02/off-balance.html

kenny said...

Soup ah! Another week of poetry! Might try to pen one special even. On, on.

Rene/ Not The Rockefellers said...

gorgeous, Kavita!

I've submitted an oldie but a goodie
hopefully it will put a smile on someone's face :)

cloakedmonk.com said...

Lovely! To live an authentic life is what we are all called to be.

I have offered up three today. One for the writing prompt and two "oldies."

Beloved Community (written for the prompt): http://cloakedmonk.com/2011/02/06/beloved-community/

God of the Compost: http://cloakedmonk.com/2010/02/26/god-of-the-compost/

Reconciliation: http://cloakedmonk.com/2010/02/26/reconciliation/

cloakedmonk.com said...

Lovely! To live an authentic life is what we are all called to be.

I have offered up three today. One for the writing prompt and two "oldies."

Beloved Community (written for the prompt): http://cloakedmonk.com/2011/02/06/beloved-community/

God of the Compost: http://cloakedmonk.com/2010/02/26/god-of-the-compost/

Reconciliation: http://cloakedmonk.com/2010/02/26/reconciliation/

JamieDedes said...

Thank you, ladies, for another wonderful job. Your hard work and devotion is always appreciated.

Amanda, thanks for all you have done. You will be sorely missed.

Aleza, welcome, my dear.

Jingle, thanks always for bringing us together.

Happy Potluck everyone. Enjoy!

liv2write2day said...

Thank you, Amanda, for all you've done for Potluck Poetry. Kavita, I enjoyed your poem, as always. I look forward to reading everyone's entries even if I don't get a chance to comment on them all. Victoria

budh.aaah said...

This is such a warm group here at poetry potluck, that it warms the heart. Keep it up.

Ramesh Sood said...

I don't know Kavita why, but your last lines

So I may want the wants I see
But I will need to be true to me

felt very nice and soothing.. may be the reason somewhere is hidden in what I have written about goal..I think culmination of your poem made me aware about perhaps the essence of what I appear to have writen.. Thanks friend also waiting for your feedback on my 200th at sr.45 here..

Kathe W. said...

as always thanks for having this wonderful venue for us! and Best wishes Amanda!

fiveloaf said...

mine for your pot.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/03/12/broken-home/

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Here's an oldie, but goodie -- a limerick about how I met my husband on the Long Island Railroad: Chance Meeting

Krislin Neo, Ting (Syracuse Pike) said...

That was one beautiful take on this week's theme... :) It is just beautifully written..

Had submitted mine.. http://www.tingtasy.com/2011/02/collections-of-tings-poetry-tpf103-my.html - Title: My Goal(My Dream) (S.Pike, Krislin)

Yeah, I had been away for a long while due to my foot injury, my dad's and grandpa's op.. Glad everything is over and fine now so yeah, I am back to join you guys..

:) Going to check others out now.. :) Remember to drop by for my poems.. :)

Madeleine said...

Sorry I've not been with it recently, I hope to do better. I have scheduled my poem to post Tuesday 7am GMT time. Will enjoy everyone's entries when I've finihsed this morning's chores!
Best wishes to Amanda.
Lovely entry for this week :O)

ladynimue said...

Loved the poem Kavita .. really dreamy and as much real :)

Anf yes, this time i did manage to write a post for potluck :)

Rashmi said...

Here is mine ..."Believe me".

Rachel Hoyt said...

Beautiful poem, Kavita. :) This week I am sharing the rhyme I wrote as a result of my last Smiley Sociology Study / link exchange. Mood Rings of the Future

flaubert said...

Happy Monday to all.

Pamela

Jingle said...

Welcome, Cheers 2 You All!

Thanks for the support,

you all rock.

Happy Potluck!

xoxox

ACEBiggaveli said...

I READ A FEW OF YOU POEMS AND I LOVED IT....
SO MUCH EMOTION

azfree said...

Happy Potluck one and all. Such tasty dishes you all have shared!

tasithoughts said...

I love the yearning in this poem, Kavita. I love the Potluck!

JP

http://tasithoughts.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/towards-it/

beccagivens said...

Thanks for the invitation ... here are 3 links to work! Enjoy and Namaste ~~ becca

Loving Cynosure:

http://beccagivens.wordpress.com/2011/02/05/loving-cynosure/

Directions?:

http://beccagivens.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/directions-2/

Life is a Puzzle:

http://beccagivens.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/life-is-a-puzzle/

lynnaima said...

I am in :)
Kavita very nice positive vibes...I have got to stick next to you :)

http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/the-winner-stands-alone/

Happy potluck everyone!
LBTL

woih said...

Hey folks...long time no see. Feels good to be writing again and especially good to be chewing on some potlocuk with ya'll. Thanks for having me and looking forward to your posts. Dennis

Rekha said...

Thanks for the invitation....loved your piece...isn't it what we all should want?
my pieces 2 old ones...I am more of a writer than a poet...
I'll attempt next week's prompt.

trisha said...

beautiful poem kavita, and a very interesting theme. :)

loved writing on it.

trisha

hpicasso said...

"I want it all"...a thought without limits

Peace, hp

http://hpicasso.blogspot.com/2011/02/poetry-potluckaims-goals-and-ambitions.html

Shewriting said...

I did something a bit different this week - animated poetry...hope you enjoy it! =D