Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday's Meet the Poet

Wednesday's Meet the Poet
RiikaInfinityy


Tell us a little about yourself.

I am a lover of darkness and black. I came from the dark side and I have an obsession of butterflies and laces. I do not consider myself as a writer but a creator of my own world. I am not born from a English speaking family and neither my main language is English. I can pretty much say I almost failed my English during high school but that doesn't stop me from writing. English may not be the best subject I can score but it is definitely a language that I can used to write fantasy with.

I am an artist & designer but in many different ways, I love painting and exploration, image manipulation by combining things together and form a story behind it. I occasionally design logos, banners and websites for friends as well. Usually I have no particular focus of the design phase that I want and just do whatever I have in mind, because that is where all the inspirations come from, don't they?

I am a gamer and a programmer for games. I am currently doing my internship on creating an education game for the school. I am studying Diploma in Information Technology and this is actually my final year, I will be graduating in April if everything goes well. I love games and now I am creating them, and I realized that it isn't easy at all. And it is when I know that, great games doesn't come in just few months of development and design, but years of efforts and concept placed in there. That's how a game interest gamers and let them stay for a very long time. =D~


Please tell us about your blog and what it means to you? How did you come up with the name?


I did not thought of butterflies as a theme in the beginning but then I thought of it as something different. To me, butterfly is a sacred insect that sort of have something related to life. Deadly Butterfly Betrayal is a symbol of loyal to friends and loved ones, it is like more of telling people about my personality and thoughts. Anything inside the blog is all about the truth I seen and things that I wanted to share with everyone. It is not just poetry, but many things. Though I did not really focus much of personal stuffs obviously, but then you should often see emotions and feelings spurring out from a few poetry work that sort of highlight my life.

Visit Deadly Butterfly Betrayal to check out more of my works :D


Can you remember writing your first poem?
Yes, It had been posted in my website as well, a memory when I am flying back to Singapore when I was young. Here you go:

Song of Heaven

Heaven lights a path of hope
for those who truly see it
may they be blessed
and a journey shall begin
Throw away differences
and may understanding
stands and shall
peace and harmony
be attained in the path of light
Fear no pain
conquer yourself
and move on
The future is in your hands
Listen to your heart
and may its voice
reach your mind and soul
and you shall see the truth
A journey of life and death
may the living and
the death hear it
for God have mercy on his final judgment…



Is there a style of writing you prefer?
I adapted a different writing style and I don't really like following formats or styles, though I enjoy the fact that whenever I see people working on a specific style, that really interests me a lot. My poetries are mostly story poems or character development poems. It can be a story by itself or a story about a character, written in a poem form, highlighting the beginning, the middle and the ending. It is much like a summary yet it is significant and interesting to read. I also do shape and color poems. I love shaping and coloring the letters of the poem to have something related to the poetry I had written.


Do you write more than just poetry?
Yes, I also writes a semi-graphical novel series, Tributes of Sonia. The series is set to have a game within game system and a game environment which readers can actually "play" while reading the e-book. I had developed this new concept into a novel because I am a gamer. Everything in this series had been combined to be of my hobby and passion. To know more about it, you can check out this link. The first book had already been published on September, 2010 and it is free to download.

The second book will be releasing on 13th February, 2011 which is very near. It will be available for purchase at Lulu and Scribd as an E-Book at the price of 9.99 USD for the first two weeks of purchase, after which it will go back to the original price of 13.99USD. If you haven't check it out and is interested to do so, you can download the first book for free over at my website^_^, links are provided over here.


What is the favorite poem you have written so far?
This had been written not long ago and I love it! Because it has a heart in it =D~

Knowing

Knowing
that letting go
isn’t easy for anyone
Knowing
that moving on
isn’t hard for anyone
who know how to let go finally
Let the past be the past
Let the present stay as what
it should be and never changing
Time is endless if you believe in it
The future will come when it is time
Knowing all this will make you a
happiest person that you will
ever know about yourself
It had always been with
you yet you may not
see it because you
are still in the
ocean of
thoughts
Endlessly searching
for an answer
Questioning doubts that never be heard
It is time to move on and embrace the precious
I never had been happier knowing everything had
been all along with me and for now I will treasure as time goes by



When do you write the most?
During the night, it is much more peaceful. I cannot seemed to think of anything when I am at work or in school. Inspirations only come when I am at home and right in front of my own laptop. It is my center of operation when all the inspirations, creations and everything nice comes in. ^_^~


Do you have a favorite poet or a favorite poem?
I don't have any particular favorite poet but I do have a favorite poem written by someone I came across at this website called www.darkpoetry.com. The poem is titled "Reality" by kayoticfear.

Reality 
by kayoticfear

It's like this place was made for me
Built on pain and misery.
Broken by a world that's caused nothing but pain
A world so evil, a world so strange.
A world full of shit, a world made of lies
Where the weak and the poor
Can do nothing but cry
Where the good die young, and the bad grow old.
Where the tears in your eyes, freeze from the cold

Where there's nothing but sadness, and even more grief
Where death and despair, is the prize we all reap.
Where the words mean nothing and promises die

That is reality, Everything else is a lie
This is true life my friend, and i have just opened your eyes.

Now you and I are exactly the same, we see past the fake cloudy sky
In knowledge lies pain, and in virtue lies crime.

You now know the ways of the world
So make sure you follow the rules
Or else youll end up like the others
Hopeless, pitiful fools

So fuck the poor
Decimate the meek
Kill your fellow man
and Destroy the weak.

That is the motto humanity speaks
As we all sow
So shall we all reap

For not even our souls...
In the end shall we keep.



Do you enjoy reading books? What are the best books you have ever read?
I used to enjoy reading book until I started to get influence into the gaming world. Whenever I am presented a real book, you can pretty catch me asleep the next moment, although E-Books are fine with me. I love detective and mystery solving books, there is one series I especially loving until now. (I still playing the games part, though it seems a little childish to some people) It is the Nancy Drew Crime Solving Novel written by Carolyn Keene. i will always borrow two to three books weekly and finish them midweek before borrowing when I was around 7 years old. Now I am a lover of the games of Nancy Drew instead of the book. ^.^~


What poets in the blog-sphere do you like to read or visit most?
I am a very random person who can go around and pop out sometimes at anywhere and anytime. When I am free, I will hop around the net and check out poets from various community. I prefer to read different poetry styles yet relating to a subject or topic that sparks my interest. It is hopping here and there, exploring various style and enjoying the flow of the poetries.


What are your inspirations? Where do you feel most comfortable to write?
It can come from almost everything. Dramas, animes, movies, dreams, game and many many more. I can even sit inside the washroom and come out with an idea after a few minutes. I can be sleeping and suddenly jump up with an idea and went down again. The only place where all my poetries and novels can be written with peace, it will be my home and in front of my laptop. I don't see inspiration coming my way when I use other laptops or system, it just have to be mine, I guess and I know it is kind of weird to, but I cannot figure out why. =X


You have been a part of Jingle Poetry Potluck. What are the benefits of participating in it? Are you a member of any other poetry communities?
I get to know more poets and their wonderful and amazing works. I might not be commenting for everyone but I definitely did check out on the previous potluck that had been entered by poets to check out what I had missed. I am the tech support of Jingle Poetry and I am honored to be one because I can play around with the design and handle the things behind the scenes rather than on the stage. I always love doing things and supporting people from behind, guess that is where my introvert personality came from. :P


What advice would you give someone who is interested in starting a poetry blog?
Decide on a theme for your blog but it doesn't have to be something related to poetry. Go with what you think it suits you and comfortable with it. And then when you start to blog, surely you will find something to link both your poetry style and theme together, just like how I did, my blog can be of design, art or poetry. If you love a particular style, stick with it but never give up on others as well, there is so much more to see. Get to know and inspired by other poets too! They are one of the sources of ideas and inspirations, and get your mind cracking, you will create a world that you will believe and live in, in your little poetry blogging world. Cheers!


Thank for the featuring and interview by Jingle Poetry, I am honored once again and thank you everyone that is supporting Jingle Poetry. It been great and wonderful moment to be able to have everyone gather together and share your wonderful poetries! Have a great year ahead and all the best with whatever you are doing! :D


18 comments:

Jingle said...

Glad to learn so many fantastic things about you.

Love the interview,
fabulous information.
You rock!

annell said...

Loved this dark spirit and especially her poem Knowing!
Beautiful to read and beautiful to look at.

Anonymous said...

thoughtful interview,
enjoyed reading you, girl...

M.L. Gallagher said...

Great interview -- and her poetry is intriquing to see and read.

scentofmyheart said...

Great interview Riika. I admire your love for darkness and butterflies, your colored poems always leave a smile on my face. Good luck with your writing and keep is smiling!

Chim's World of Literature said...

this interview was well informed and i also liked your poem knowing, i cn relate to that...wish you all the best in the future.

Shigune Matsui said...

I love it! Thanks for telling us, Riika!

RiikaInfinityy said...

^_^~ Wishing all the best to everyone as well =D~ I am kind of busy in preparing some stuffs for the upcoming book release, will hook you guys up with another colorful poem for your eyes ;D~ Have fun and thank for the interview once again, I am honored, cheers!=D

budh.aaah said...

Congrats Riika,
Wow two extremes-you love the dark side and then have an obsession of butterflies and laces - the light fluttery things..

Reggie said...

Very nice interview and inspiring.

fiveloaf said...

its nice to know a bit more about you rikka my friend.. wish you do well in your final and your book launch.. :)

fiveloaf said...

its nice to know a bit more about you rikka my friend.. wish you do well in your final and your book launch.. :)

ilovepink said...

great poem I love it!

Paula Tohline Calhoun said...

I am sorry to use this particular place to ask my question, but I have no idea where else to write it! Where on earth do I go on this site to submit some if my poetry, and then how and when can I do it? There are no directions that I cn find anywhere here, and I figure I must be rather moronic not to have figured it out as so many others have. I ussed toi think I was computer literate. . .HELP! Please!

BTW, I became a follower. Does tht mean I joined the community?

JamieDedes said...

Wonderful job, Riika. And it's always a pleasure to know more about our dear poet, artisit, writer, technical assitant ... fabulous and fun.

Happy days ...

Olivia said...

Riika is a bundle of surprises.. she is creativity at her best..
Wishing her all the success in everything she does.. :)

Love xxx

AzFree said...

I am in love with your heart poem, Riika. It's spectacular!

bodhirose said...

This was so interesting to hear more about you Riika. And your command of English is very good in spite of you almost flunking it during high school.

I really enjoyed this great interview and much success in your gaming career after graduation.