Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Review Tuesdays - Not Just A Page..

Before I begin, I'd like to wish every reader of Jingle Poetry, a very happy and prosperous 2011. Continue to read, to inspire and get inspired, to write your wonderful thoughts and share with us.

As each moment of time ticks along, I find the pages of my life telling my story in a way I wanted it to be written. Each page is from my mind, written with thoughts I cherish deeply. Another storyteller whose each page inspires and fills the mind of the reader with beauty is Lady Nimue. Today, in the first review of 2011, I review her blog Pages from my mind.

Who’s the storyteller Nimue?
Nimue’s a blogger whose thoughts are in experiments in reading, writing and listening to suggestions given by her close friends and people she trusts. Her reactions and impressions, what she hears herself say after listening to others, are etched in ink at her blog. With some Hindi poetry at her blog, I’d venture a guess that she’s an Indian.

What do the Pages look like?



The blog sports a simple look with the Coraline template, a black background and single sidebar. The header is simple, showing a person on a bench deep in thought. The widgets like Recent Posts, Recent Comments and Tag/Category Cloud are all there and she adds others like Twitter feed, Tumblr feed and also a link to the poems/posts she liked (Only one in this list up to now). There’s no archive widget, but I remember reading her hundredth post, so I can tell its somewhere above that. I tracked her archives to April 2010, so she’s been at the space for 10 months now.

What’s her Poetry like?
Nimue’s poetry is straight from her heart, because if you looked closely you can feel the emotions through a lot of her works. She’s an enthusiastic experimenter, I can see lots of forms from free verse to haiku, and from NaiSaiKu to Acrostics… she’s even good at microfictions and long fictions! A talented all rounder in writing, I would say.

Sometimes, lesser the words, more powerful the feelings expressed. Many of Nimue’s poems are like that, short and explosive. From her recent works, Dreams meet Reality is one such poem I feel needs a read. It is something most, if not all of us, can relate to and would find ourselves agreeing with her choice of words. If inspiration is what you seek, her poem Faith is something I feel can do the trick. Her dedication to a friend is something I think can define friendship: the fibo-reverse fibo poem My Friend in Delhi. When others aren’t supportive, or go the distance to question you, only you can inspire yourself. That’s what Colors in Life, the fiction she has written tells me. These are my favorites among her poems, and you’ll find many of your own too.

Suggestions:
Nimue, you’re talented. Regarding the poetry, I don’t have much critique. It’s on the right track I feel. Do add the archive widget, atleast as a dropdown, so it becomes easier for your readers to navigate to older poems in your poetic journey.


Who am I?
I’m Leo; author of I Rhyme Without Reason, co-host of Review Tuesdays here at Jingle Poetry along with Someone is Special. Hope you enjoy reading about the blogs, and do go read them too. Nimue, do let me know how you found the review, or if I went wrong somewhere! Glad to have reviewed your blog, and I'll continue to peruse it as always. Have a wonderful 2011. 




3 comments:

ladynimue said...

That was one of the best new year gift i could ask for ! Thank you so much Leo. And yes, I am an indian blogger :) Good catch !!

ladynimue said...

That was one of the best new year gift i could ask for ! Thank you so much Leo. And yes, I am an indian blogger :) Good catch !!

Jingle said...

Dear Ladynimue,


you are like fresh air in spring time, very honored to have you be part of our community..

Great Big Thanks to Leo,

fabulous Writing,
Her Blog shines in your words.

Jingle