Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

POETRY POTLUCK - Languages, Signs and Symbols!!

Hi there!! *_*



We (Amanda and Kavita) are as pleased as ever to welcome you (newbies and followers alike :)) to Poetry Potluck... This week, it's all about Languages, Signs and Symbols!!!!!

Register yourself (with your name and the link to your potluck entry) using InLinkz below, and leave a comment with a pointer to your post! It would be great if you could link back to us on your blog!!! Once you are done with this, visit other participants (at least 6), read their entries, comment, AND ENJOY!!!   Of course, you can always submit any poem of your choice as well...

Remember: Every week, InLinkz will be up on Sunday, at 8pm (CST), and will stay open till Wednesday, 8pm (CST). So you will have 72 hours to share your poem with us...COOL huh?!! Also, if you aren't new to Poetry Potluck, please note that we may not send you weekly reminders. So, it would be awesome if you could add us to your Blogroll or Favorites, so that you can stay updated with the happenings on our site!! :))

Flash Forward!! After all those glyphs and gestures, how about getting a bit civic and serious, and following some Rules, Regulations and Laws?!! (you don't really have to get very serious though... :-)) You will have one entire week to prepare your poem for this theme.. :) And if you are unable to submit a poem ON the theme, relax... Send in an older poem you would love to share with us...

And now, LET'S GET STARTED with this week's potluck!!!! Enjoy the VIDEO here and write on... Thanks for joining in and supporting your fellow poets here at OUR favorite Poetry Potluck!!!


video


What's there to say...

Your inaudible sigh
Hanging in the air
Your lowered eye
Throwing me in despair

Your fingers I see
Nervous and curled
Your glances towards me
Hidden from the world

No words spoken
And yet I hear
This ice now broken
And to me, it's clear...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
By yours truly... (Kavita) :)


33 comments:

thingy said...

Hello. I'm all giddy. : )

Jingle said...

wow, love this.
The image on top is fabulous..

Jingle said...

compact and beautiful poem, Kavita...

Happy Potluck...

Cheers.
;)

Kavita said...

Hi all....WELCOME again!! :))
I see some awesome poems already up!! I am reading.. and reading.. and loving 'em!!!

@Thingy: don't you faint, sweetie.. ;-)

@Jingle: thankoooo... for the poem and the picture (credit goes to Mandy for her cool pic hunt)

Reggie said...

I really like this Kavita...you got a smile out me big time!

Kavita said...

@Reggie: I know why you are smiling so wide!! I read your poem, and I realized that yours is on similar lines as the poem I posted here... And you know what!?! I had a HUGE smile on myself as I was reading yours... :))

R.S. Mallari (SpK) said...

Hi to fellow Poets, please don't get me wrong but don't you think the themes are too broad?

Language? what do you mean? Signs and Symbols of what?

maybe it's just me, I'm looking at it in a too poetic way:)

budh.aaah said...

Lovely poem kavita..love your style.

Madeleine said...

I love Kavita's poem. Beautiful!
I have posted mine up earlier than planned. :O)

Jingle said...

Thanks for the feedback, R. S. Mallari...then theme is wide, you shall be able to find poems fitting it...

Glad to see all of you in.
Cheers.

beginningpoetry said...

Jingle, Thanks again for all your work on this. - bill

http://beginningpoetry.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/awakening/

Rachel Hoyt said...

I'm looking forward to reading some beautiful poetry... as always. Thanks for hosting, Jingle. :o)

http://rhymemeasmile.blogspot.com/2011/01/smiley-sociology-study-2-mood-rings.html

marit said...

back in the poetry blogging scene after a bit of a break :)

excited to read some great work!

http://maritsfuckingblogging.blogspot.com/2011/01/love-pulls-darkness-near.html

tasithoughts said...

You have such a mastery of visuals in your words, Kavita. Like an artist.

JP

http://tasithoughts.wordpress.com/2011/01/17/language/

lynnaima said...

Hello, it is always so hard finding the link each week for potluck but I am here. My poem on symbolism, signs and language is up. Thank you! Off to read yours. Happy potluck everyone :)

Celestial Dreamz said...

Hi everyone ... it's wonderful to be a part of the group just one more time. I am a bit occupied with work so posted two older poems that would come closer to the theme. Next time would love to do better justice to potluck. It indeed is superb to read all the poems. thanks to jingle .

lightverse said...

Very lovely, Kavita!

The Girl In The Corner said...

I love reading all of these poems and discovering new wonderful poets :) <3

Hope you all enjoy mine!
(Unnatural Love, Bully Back Down, and Recovery)

Thanks Jungle Poetry, I love potluck!

Jingle said...

Welcome, and Thanks for the support.

Nothing is perfect..

if you could not see the linkz, click on the blog title and then look, still not seeing it? click on the potluck post title and wait...

in general, if you visit from Firefox, it would be easier to find it.

Eugenicist said...

My post for the potluck...

Hope you enjoy ppl :)

http://eugenicist.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/words-aint-enough/

Cheers

Megs

KMShear said...

It's nice having a larger window for posting. Thanks for the creative inspirations....

moonlitpoetic said...

Such a lovely poem, Kavita!
Thanks for inviting to Potluck. :)
Yel.

Eric 'Bubba' Alder said...

Since one of the topics is "Language" I've posted a poem of mine that contains some Latin passages.

Lolamouse said...

Can't wait to read all the posts for this week. Here's mine:
http://lolamousedroppings.blogspot.com/2011/01/hate-has-language.html

lynnaima said...

Done visiting 11 :)
I shall visit more later on...Thank you everyone :)

girldaydreaming said...

how incredibly cool! i just signed on after being away for a few days. i'm hoping to join in & looking forward to reading your lovely creations!!

kenny said...

So this is where the pot luck is!

gracefulglider said...

Thanks for the prompts having fun reading other works

Shadow said...

we know more than we realise. and when we do, there's no going back... thoroughly enjoyed it!

Dave King said...

This is a fab' posting in all its aspects: prompt, poem and images. I am off immediately to post my submission.

girldaydreaming said...

whew, i think i may have just made the deadline... what a great prompt. thanks!

Jingle said...

Some Awards 4 you, please help by visiting 2 or 3 poets to give birthday wishes, Thanks!

Your support is valued!
xxx

irenethebean said...

where is potluck 19?
oh well...
here is my entry:
http://irenethebean.wordpress.com/