Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Poem of the Week

Thank you everyone for sharing your hobbies, pass times, and passions. It appears to be true that when we go deep enough into ourselves, we touch something universal. I am amazed at the way that, even though we come from different continents, we have so much in common.

Kellie Elmore shares a memory that resonates with anyone who has ever been a child playing in the snow; even more, with anyone who has been ever been called home by grandma. Read and enjoy.

Eskimos

i remember the snow
up to the windows
drifts alongside the roads
and dug out holes
like Eskimos we played
to the crunch beneath our boots
sliding down shoots
all day, and then
at six-thirty p.m.
when the sky turned pink
and the street lights wink
grandma called us in

BE sure to spend time visiting her blog:
http://magicinthebackyard.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/eskimos/

Till next week,
Bill Cook (www.beginningpoetry.wordpress.com)
Talon: (www.talonted.blogspot.com)


11 comments:

Wind said...

Well, wonderful poem!
Have a great weekend!
Best regards from Romania!

Hope said...

this is perfect! we did exactly that when I was a child and then again with my own children.
lovely write
thank you
and thank you Jingle for featuring this wonderful writer!

TALON said...

Bill, wonderful selection!

And Kellie that is a lovely poem! It brings back so many memories - of my childhood and my children's childhoods. Just beautiful!

Nanka said...

Loved the read and it sure looks like fun!! As we have no snow here, I have no experience with snow :)

Ramesh Sood said...

Very Beautiful..

(Queenmothermamaw) Peggy said...

Love the poem. Great writer. So wonderful to feature one of the writers. If I was younger I would be out in the snow right now, but too much ice here. Blessings
QMM

Jingle Poetry said...

I always enjoy Kellie's poetry, she is a gem in our community.

brilliant choice, Bill Cook..

Happy Saturday.
Thanks to both of you,

Thanks for the comments above...fellow poets.

Anonymous said...

awesome poem. beautiful and vivid. there is some problem in the sight, its not allowing comments (always).

trisha
mydomainpvt.wordpress.com

emporesskelee said...

thank you so much Bill for submitting my poem for Poem of the Week! What an honor and I am thrilled that you enjoy my work. That makes me so happy! :) I have linked to you on my blog.
Thanks again
Truly,
Kellie

budh.aaah said...

A lovely vivid poem :)

liv2write2day said...

Lovely poem,Kellie