Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Meet the Poet Wednesday

Merry Christmas!

This is Jingle Poetry's 14th Week, 14 weeks, 108 days, I have met more than 400 poets during this time periods...all of you have talent, and each of you is unique in your own way...

It is Meet the Poet Wednesday, let's take a closer look at a poet whose talent is exceptional in our community...And after reading his work, I hope that you come back and say, yes, I do believe he is a true talent in our community.

Okay, welcome you all to JP! Let's meet:



Poet Ibok!
Ibok’s Poetry Blog


Jingle:

How did your blog come about? Please tell us a little bit of your blog and what it means to you.

Ibok:

I stumbled into a WordPress page from twitter somewhere on the 3rd of Dec 2009 and realized I could own a blog too...I immediately subscribed and posted my first poem, an old poem I had written few years back "the expensive disease seller". My blog means everything to me...I cant express in words but I think one of the best things to have happened to me.

Jingle:

What led you to create features such as Tribue Sunday, Featured Writer, How Will you React? What is your criterion to pick a particular blog, topic, or blogger to represent on one of your features?

Ibok:

Tribute Sunday is to pay homage to exceptional people in the blog world I know or have come across. The blogosphere is a place where not so much credit is given but a whole lot goes on in it.. a lot of positive energy. I use this medium to let people know the blog world is a world and an interesting one at that.
"How will you react?" is my own way of bringing innovation into the blog world...I have visited hundreds of blogs and still counting and all seem to be too informative and direct. I wanted something more interactive that readers could relate to and feel as well as react not necessarily giving the usual comments that is mostly full of praises.

"featured writer" is my own way of giving back to society. As my blog keeps getting popular and widely read, I felt I should also serve as encouragement to up-coming or unheard writers instead of always taking credit. There are no criteria in picking my features. I just pick quality.

Jingle:

Do you remember the time you write your first poem?

Ibok:

Nope, unless you're trying to tell me to remember childhood...lol

Jingle:

Do you write more than just poetry? What else do you write?

Ibok:

Yeah, the categories on my blog are suppose to show the other aspects of my writing. I write short stories, I started writing haiku and aint doing bad. I also write articles and relationship talks..I write whatever I want to write..I'm like that.

Jingle:

What is the favorite poem you have written so far? Do you prefer certain type of poetry writing?

Ibok:

I never like one of my poem over another...I love all equally. They give me same thrill after I finish writing them.

Jingle:

Do you have a favorite poet? Why?

Ibok:

Nope...but I've met some exceptional writers in the blogworld...I mean top quality writers.

Jingle:

What are your inspirations? Where do you feel most comfortable to write?

Ibok:

My inspiration comes from every and anything...I just need to see it as an inspiration. I can write anywhere even in the Lu.

Jingle:

You have been attending Thursday Poets Rally and Jingle Poetry Potluck for quite a while so far, what are the benefits of you participating these Rallies?

Ibok:

Meeting other writers, see how far muses wonder and have fun. It is a good project by Jingle...I admire the idea and try to support in the best way I can.

Jingle:

Do you have a desire to create more features in your blog? What is your major goal of your blog in 2011?

Ibok:

So far, because I am involved in about three or four weekly events, creating any feature may interfere with my participation in those events...but I don’t intend to add any more event. My blog activities are well stated on my "Weekly schedule" page...it will be fully effective from next year...by God's grace.

Jingle:

Do you like music? Who is your favorite musician? Why?

Ibok:

I love Music a lot. I can't live without it...for real. I listen to a wide genre of music and wouldnt prefer one musician to another...I do genre favorites though...like Coldplay is my best for soft rock and Eminem is my best for Rap music...it goes like that.

Jingle:

What advice would you give someone who is interested in start a poetry blog?

Ibok:

As long as you can keep it running, go on...it is a beautiful world. I mean the blog world.

Jingle:

Do you support any causes and if so, which ones and why are they important to you?

Ibok:

I have written poems for about three or four causes ( if I can remember) since I started bogging, but those were just participation nothing more. I wouldn’t mind supporting a reasonable cause though.

Jingle:

Do you enjoy humor? what's your favorite joke?

Ibok:

Yeah, I laugh a lot...anything funny...can't remember any particular joke right now.

Jingle:

Just for fun, fill in the blanks...

Ibok:

Poetry is_(I wrote a poem on this)_

Poetry Is __By Ibok

Poetry is you
Poetry is me
Poetry’s the hue
our mind’s eyes see.
Poetry is abstract
as much as it attract
your sense of reading
to the poet’s ideas written.
Poetry’s the child
of brains run wild
Poetry is anything
that conjures words to meaning.
Poetry is wings
fly away at will
explore horizons
reach Infinity and beyond.
Poetry is you
Poetry is me
Poetry’s as true
as the mind’s eyes see.

I love poetry (because it is life)_________
Without poetry,( life is dead)___________




Ibok’s Birthday is December 14, Happy Birthday to You, Keep Rocking the poetry world!
Ibok’s Poetry Blog
Scottl B’s Birthday is December, 10, Happy Belated Birthday, Love Your poems!
Words4afriend


13 comments:

Emmanuel Ibok said...

Thanks a lot for the showcase Jingle...I appreciate.

Cheers!

Jingle Poetry said...

awesome interview...

Ibok, you deserve the honor.

giovannicucullo said...

A wonderful poet and a well-deserved birthday gift!

Jingle said...

That is very kind of you, Gio...

Blessings.

Kae. Y. R. said...

Nice showcase, and the holiday graphic with the dolls is eerily awesome.

Dave King said...

Both interview and poem highly enjoyable. I especially liked the idea of poetry as the child of brains run wild! Excellent.

Dasuntoucha said...

Very insightful interview...Happy Belated B-Day fellow poets...ONE:: (^_^)

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of Emmanuel, He is a splendid poet, story writer and human being.

I am so happy and lucky to have a friend like you Emmanuel.

Thanks jingle for letting me know a little more about him. :)

he really is AWESOME!

Trisha
mydomainpvt.wordpress.com

Jingle said...

Thanks for the sweet comments, David King, MM, and Trisha...

Happy Friday to you!
BEST!

Jingle said...

Oops,

Kae Y. S., Sweet you..
Blessings..

liv2write2day said...

Nice interview and Happy Birthday to Ibok!

Jingle said...

Thanks a lot, Victoria.

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to say nice site.