Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Review Tuesdays - It's A Different Way

Sometimes, there is no need of big flashy names for a blog. Just a title to know that the space is yours and is close to your heart is enough. Eric Alder is one such person and his blog, “Bubba’s Place” is one such space, which I have the pleasure of reviewing today. 

Bubba Who?
Eric “Bubba” Alder is a self professed life appreciator (I like this!) from Michigan, USA. His introduction is short; he says he writes poetry, prose, songs, short stories and whatever pops into his head. (You write without reason? Cool! Now that’s something worthwhile!) He has three blogs viz. Haiku Koo-Koo, Bubba’s Place and Biofical Univision. He also has a passion for photography and shares his captures at places like National Geographic and DeviantArt, the links to which can be found in his Blogger Profile.

What is his place like?



Bubba’s Place, like its name is simple in design as well. A blue background with a transparent post background gives it a nice attractive look. There is only one sidebar, with minimal widgets (Profile, Followers & Blogroll To His Other Blogs), showing the emphasis is going to the posts rather than the widgets. There is no archive shown, but the oldest post indicates he’s been blogging at this space since May 7th, 2010.

What to read?
Eric’s place is a mixed bag of interesting posts. Like he says, he writes just about anything, looking at things a bit differently, and the reader can choose from a nice fresh palette here. There are vivid hues that he uses to paint our minds with his beautiful art. In browsing his posts to find the oldest post, I stumbled upon a poem of vivid beauty: "Consider The Flower". It shows us a lot of things we can learn from observing a flower.. there are no big words, mega depth or anything but it is beauty in simplicity. Most of his poems are reflective of that quality too.

From his recent writes, I liked his poem, Morning Wood which was a nature lover's delight. It showed how one can get lost in nature's beauty. Autumn Dance was another like that, showing even the bare branches of a tree has beauty. His fictions have a touch of humor to it, but not too much as to bore the reader. 

Eric writes for a variety of memes, like Rock n Roll Fridays, One Shot Wednesday, Microfiction Monday, Potluck, Wednesday Wickedness etc. He also has a different blog for his Haikus. Perhaps the best way to describe Eric is to ask him the question... but I think this would be his answer: I'm Not One. Do visit his space and read his simplistic beauty.


Suggestions:
Eric, your space is very nice, but it would be helpful if there were tags to relate to the various stuff. If a reader wants to read only poetry, then he/she can use that tag, likewise if the reader wants to read only posts related to a particular meme. If it is possible, please incorporate that. I've no other suggestions! Your space is inspiring to me for sure.


Who am I?
I’m Leo; author of I Rhyme Without Reason, co-host of Review Tuesdays here at Jingle Poetry along with Someone is Special. Hope you enjoy reading about the blogs, and do go read them too. Eric, it was nice reviewing your blog of simplistic beauty. Do let me know how you found it, or if I went wrong somewhere!





9 comments:

Eric Alder said...

Wow!

This was an unexpected honor, Leo!

I read what you said about tagging - I don't even know how to add tags to my stuff, but I'll gladly add them if it helps people.

(Can somebody show me how, please?)

Thanks to all the nice folks (especially my Followers!) who stop by my blogs.

And thank YOU, Leo, for the feature... you made my day!

Jingle Poetry said...

wow,
what a sweet surprise,
Eric, he deserves it.

Glad to know more about you, Eric.

Beautiful job, Leo,
Way to go.

Jingle,
Keep rocking, boys...

xx

Someone Is Special said...

Leo, you are an awesome frend.. Thanks a ton for the timely help..

This is nice to know about Eric Alder... a great poet for sure..

--Someone Is Special--

Anonymous said...

thanks for the introduction to this versatile blogger.

have not visited him till date i guess. will love to visit now.

trisha
mydomainpvt.wordpress.com

Eric Alder said...

Just an update: After some digging I think I've figured out hot to tag my entries.

(I think it was their use of the word 'label' instead of 'tag' that confused me)

I'll be busy adding labels to my posts, to hopefully make it easier for folks to browse the archives.

(I never browse that way, I just scroll back using 'Older Post' until I reach the beginning)

Leo said...

@Eric, it was a pleasure :) and good to see u busy with labels, it'll help readers for sure :D

when u r done, u can enable the labels to be seen in Layout>Page Elements. just click on edit near the big posts segment in that page! :D

chamiechamz said...

Nice blog site Eric. Keep it up dear. ;)

TALON said...

I've been reading and enjoying Eric's writing and photography for a while now and it was wonderful to see his terrific blog showcased.

Thank you, Leo!

Olivia said...

Very well done Leo-

Eric these guys (Leo & SIS) have a knack of surprising the fellow poets and catching us unaware..

All the very Best..
Loads of wishes xox