Welcome to Jingle Poetry!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Review Tuesdays - In A Soul Seat

There aren’t many blogs perhaps that just state the penname/name of the blogger directly. Usually we tend to emphasize our idea, or thought or sometimes even randomness. Today’s Tuesday Review/Blog of the Week shows that simplicity is indeed beautiful, as we look at the second host of Monday Poetry Potluck here at Jingle Poetry, Amanda. Or Buttercup600, as her penname says. The tagline of her blog itself says “Seat of my Soul” and we’ll begin with that!

Let’s Know More About Amanda!
“I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it — I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself.” This is from her “About Me” page at her blog. The words show she has a fierce belief in herself, and her words reflect that belief. Through her blog, she challenges herself to find her hidden talents and poetry comes out to the fore as one of them, which is for certain. Going by her archive, she’s been in the space for 7 months now, starting in March 2010.

Does The Design Attract The Eye?

CLICK ON IMAGE TO VISIT THE BLOG!

Yes, indeed it does attract the eye. “Eyes are the windows to the soul”, so I’ve heard. The header of the blog itself gives an inviting look as she emphasizes that her blog and the words there is from her heart and soul, as she puts her eyes there. Black to me is always attractive, and the design she has chosen retains that simplicity in attraction. Single sidebar with limited widgets gives more space for her words, keeping the reader’s attention solely on the poetry.

The Writer Who Is, Amanda!
Amanda’s work, like I’ve previously mentioned, reflects that uniqueness that she has. It also reflects her blog design in the fact that she pens it simple, yet there is depth too, as there is meaning beyond the obvious. I feel that she has a strong attraction toward free style, and not much of poetic forms. The lines of her poetry aren’t long and in this aspect, the flow and/or rhyme are smooth.

Each of her posts has an image that suits the words well, and she takes care to reply to her readers when they give a comment. The “Have A Great Day” image that she signs off each of her posts with is very nice to see, and the hunger for writing a lot, delivering in quantity & quality, is evident from the archive which shows 40 to 50 posts each month. Other than poetry, the blog also has a vivid hue of tasty dishes and recipes as well.

I think continuing writing the way she is will be good to take her a lot further, and that she is improving with each post is good to see.

Cheers to a talented poet!

You can click on the image to take you to Amanda's blog! Have a lot of fun reading there!

ABOUT ME:
I'm Leo or Leonnyes here! Hope a lot of you read this review and also visit Amanda's space & read her lovely poetry!


14 comments:

Kavita said...

Leo, you have done absolute justice to Amanda's blog! She is a treasure chest of talent! A SUPERB review!
Yaaay... a 10 on 10 for my Mandy, and for you too, Leo (or Leonnyes) :)!

Cheers!!

Olivia said...

Mandiesss my girlfriend sure do rocks.. An awesome combination of beautiful woman and a talented one.. :)
Amanda, it's so much nice to read more about you..

Leo: You have done a fantastic job.. Bringing out her Blog the way it is- majestically beautiful. The red and black magic has certainly been created here too..!!

Loads of Love and Wishes
xoxox

Bing (PinkLady) said...

i agree with kavita... you did justice to mandy's blog! she is one of the best poets/writers i have ever encountered in the blogging world. :)

well done on your review, leo!

tracyhsays.com said...

Excellent job on the review, and a better subject you could not pick. Amanda is an incredible blogger, and becoming a very good poet. She is a wonderful person as well. The cream rises to the top for sure!
Congratulations, Red!

Cowboy

Jingle said...

YEAH!
a princess finally comes out and smiles at all of us..

Way to go, Leo, for discovering Kavita and Amanda...

Smile BIG and feel proud, Amanda, your blog is one of the best, the most extraordinary place to discover poetry and romance....

Thanks for the presentation.

Amanda said...

Well well well, it is 7.40pm (Tuesday evening) here in Australia, I came here to read some more wonderful poems that's been linked for Potluck Monday and did not quite register at first what this new post was all about!! I am sitting in front of the computer, trying to focus on how to type these words to you...(yes, call me a sook) because I am teary and can't see properly as I type this message to you!!! What a wonderful gesture from YOU Leo... to feature me as the Tuesday Review...when I started just 7 months ago, I had no idea that there's a world of wonderful people baring there souls and inner spirit with so much warmth and love...have so much to say...just like me!! Leo...I can't thank you enough for doing this...apart from the fact that I did not register at first you actually wrote about me, I want to say thank you from my heart...to you...for doing it in so much style and class...you made me feel like a Princess...and for that there's no words enough to say thank you!!! To everyone that leaves a comment...I am in seventh heaven right now...thank you for being my special friend... I value each and every one of you...ALWAYS!!! {{{{Huggggssss}}}}

Leo said...

@Amanda,
a pleasure to write about your wonderful blog! :) it is just about to turn 5pm here, in India and I'm glad you read it before I head home from work :D I'm not that into Australian colloquial, so what does "sook" mean? :) better to come out and smile at all of us, rather than teary, like Jingle says!

didn't know it was me? hmm, I'll put my signature next time ;) hehe.. glad u liked the review and the way I've written it. When you come down from Cloud Nine, do reply to your fans who will comment here ;)

@Jingle,Kavita,Olivia,Tracy and Bing,
thank you very much, for appreciating the review! :)

RiikaInfinityy said...

Wow~just wow and wonderfully written :3~~~~~She is indeed a talented and wonderful poet ;D

Great job Leo!^^~ So many wonderful delights today XDXD~ Congratz my dear friend<3<3 and don't forget to come down from Heaven, we wanna see more of your works XD, just joking, but have a fun week ahead everyone!:3~~~

AlmondJoycie said...

Congratulations Buttercup! (I just love that name by the way. Amanda is nice too, I just love Buttercup more) From the first time I say your blog, I knew this was someone worth following. And if you follow her, she will follow you back, which kind of means she will stand beside you. I always look forward to a comment from you. Your contribution to our poetry society definitely deserves recognition. Thank you, Leo, for the insightful review.

Eric Alder said...

Buttercup is one of my favorite Bloggers, as well as a sweet lady who always has a nice comment or reply. Congrats to her!

Tekia said...

You really hit the nail on the head! She is one of many blogs I love and enjoy reading so much. She is truly a gifted poet. Great review!

Amanda said...

@ Kavz...my partner in crime! You are the treasure chest of talent my dear and your friendship means so much to me. Thank you from the heart!

@ Olivia... You are a special girl who's always there to support everyone and I love calling you my friend. Thanks Liv Mwah xx

@ Bing...Your inspiration is the most beautiful thing in our community and I thank you so much for these lovely words. Love you xxx

@ Tracy...Where do I start thanking you for your lovely friendship and support!!? Thanks Tracy...it means more to me than words can say! Hugs x

@ Jingle...I treasure your words and your continued support and dedication means so much Ji. Thanks for your wonderful friendship and love xx

@ Leo...You are amazing my friend, I could not have asked for a better review and surprize that went with it. Thanks from my heart...and you wanted to know what "sook" means (lol)..an Australian and New Zealand saying for a timid person or crybaby!!! :)
And by the way, I am still on Cloud Nine!! Mwah xx

@ Riika...your friendship has been wonderful from the very first time I met you in this virtual world dear Riika, you are the most talented person that inspires us all and thank you so much for your friendship!! xx

@ AlmondJoycie...These words I will treasure in my heart...more than you will ever know!! You are a special Lady whose friendship means so much to me. Thank you my dear friend xxx

@ Eric...Thanks so much for your kind words Eric, you are a very special and kind person whose friendship and support I value!! Your humour and comments always make me smile and your light shines bright in our community!! Thanks so much my friend xxx

I am very proud to be a member of this community, each and every person that shares my world here, has a special place in my heart. I cannot thank you enough for making my life so rich, warm and loving. Thank you. oxoxox

Someone Is Special said...

Lovely Review Leo.. I am to happy to know more facts about Amanda..

You have a Lovely Blog Amanda...

--Someone Is Special--

JamieDedes said...

Leo, congratulations on a fine selection for this week's post and a wonderful job of analysis.

Amanda ... you couldn't be any lovlier or more talented. I love your blog and it's so good to see you hear as well.

Thanks to both of you for making your contributions to the success of Jingle Poetry ....